Thread: What shouldl I download re my mobo to get my standby icon to be bright (not faded and

What shouldl I download re my mobo to get my standby icon to be bright (not faded and

As while back I had the subject problem and Conan suggested I needed to dowload the chipset driver. I did that and it corrected the problem.

But now I have a different mobo and again, after XP was clean installed, the problem was back.

So I went to the motherboard manufacturer's site and entered in the model # of my mobo (MX46533V by Aopen.com). Then it wanted me to select a 'category'. The categories offered were: BIOS-CIS-driver-EIG/DIY GUIDE-firmware-manual-product-image-utility. I selected driver but was told "no record found."

So do I select 'BIOS' or what?
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

Re the question I just asked--see above--there were 2 abbreviations of which I did not know the meanings: CIS and EIG. www.acronymfinder.com did not come up with what they meant--at least that I could tell--what is their likely meaning?
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Since you have a "new" motherboard, it should have come with a CD with all the proper drivers for it including the chipset driver.

I found this at Aopen's site:

http://download.aopen.com.tw/downloa...iver&selpage=1

I think the AGP driver is the equivalent of the Chipset Driver.

There is a CD, Conan, so figure I am all set. I hadn't realized there was a CD because after carrying the computer out to my car, I got in and drove off, forgetting to go back and get the "manual" CD and the box the mobo came in. I'll pick it up Thursday. So thanks.

Btw, Conan, do you know of a Techzonez member or a chatgroup or a site that would have specific information about the quality of lenses in webcams and the quality of the webcam chips?

Quote Originally Posted by wumply
    Btw, Conan, do you know of a Techzonez member or a chatgroup or a site that would have specific information about the quality of lenses in webcams and the quality of the webcam chips?
    I'm not familiar with any, but I'm sure Google will help you out.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wumply
    What particular info are you after? About the specific image sensor chips? or lens specifications ie Aperture rating etc etc etc

Or just some general comparisons between different webcams?

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

I would like to get an idea of the QUALITY of the lens (not its lens openings or focal length) but its quality...is it of good glass, coated, 3-4 elements as compared to 1 or 2. That would mean sharper pictures.

Re image sensor chips. Some must be better made than others so would be likely to handle information faster resulting in improved frame rates and smoother motion.

You might be able to look for the FCC specifications of the Webcam, it should have all the details you're after or at least the make and manufacturer of the lens and sensors.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

What's the address?

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---