Thread: TECHZONEZ shortcut in tool bar

Post TECHZONEZ shortcut in tool bar

It took me about 6 hours to figure this out. No not the Reg tweaking code, just how to make it do what I wanted it to. The lesson came from Spooky. If you want more info on the lesson pack, 10 reg setting lessons PM me.... It was fun and had me throwing hair I had just pulled out at the monitor...

Anyway here is the tweak I used to get TECHZONEZ in my tool bar.

******* Start Copy ********

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\{6110F61A-5CB0-49FB-BEC3-90069CAA9BE6}]
    "Default Visible"="Yes"
    "HotIcon"=",4"
    "Icon"=",4"
    "Exec"="http://www.techzonez.com/forums/"
    "clsid"="{1FBA04EE-3024-11D2-8F1F-0000F87ABD16}"
    "ButtonText"="Techzonez"

******* Stop ************

You can cut and past this if you like to a notepad file (do not copy the ***)(remove quotes before importing). Then import it to the registry. Again be careful here you do not want to mess things up. Take some time and get use to what is going to happen when you import this file. Use "Regedit" under Run in the Start bar. Start>Run>regedit Once in regedit find the first line, [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions Now that you have found this and you have no idea what to do take a deep breath and back out of regedit unless you want to learn more. In that case PM me.....

If you are not familiar with tweaking in the registry I would be careful here. You can really mess things up. Backup the registry before you start.... You can also change the icon by setting the path in HotIcom and Icon to something that you want to use. You will not need to restart the computer but you will have to open a new IExplorer window and right click on the tool bar and add the Icon to the list. Also this GUID {6110F61A-5CB0-49FB-BEC3-90069CAA9BE6}
    should not be used anywhere else in your system, if it is a new one will have to be made. You need a program called guidgen.exe to do this and you can find this on the net...
    This has probably covered before, I just wanted to share if it has not......

nice one.
    i've been messing with a slightly different version of this for a couple of hours now,watch your PM.

cheers tinker.

ill be back soon,
    just watching some paint dry.

She who must be obeyed Super Moderator piaqt's Avatar
    There's a freeware app called AddAButton from http://www.harmonyhollow.net that will do that for you.
    Their icon choices are limited, so you can always go into the reg key in Tinker's script and change the references to the icon path.

btw Tinker: Apparently, pigs do have wings.

Last night, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.
    love, piaqt

i tried that awhile ago piaqt(just scrolling down page to check spelling,yep),for some reason i didn't like it.
    can't remember why.
    any hoo.

ill be back soon,
    just watching some paint dry.

yup.. I think harrytb talked about it in some other thread a while back.. when TZ was getting things started...

http://www.techzonez.com/forums/show...t=revs+toolbar

btw for the icon location.. it can be anything.. be it a custom icon.. or one of the shell icons..

link fixed
    Last edited by Reverend; June 17th, 2002 at 23:06 PM.

When pigs fly, that is when I will eat,sleep and breath computer.

Harry, here is a list of URLs to Spooky's 10 Reg tweak lessons.

Last edited by Tinker; June 18th, 2002 at 23:12 PM.

She who must be obeyed Super Moderator piaqt's Avatar
    Thanks for the link and where'd you get the flying pigs? Reminds of "Pigs in Space", from the Muppet Show.

Last night, I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.
    love, piaqt

Your welcome Pia and the flying pigs came from Animations Factory. Lots of goodies there and links to every where.

Last edited by Reverend; June 18th, 2002 at 23:16 PM.

Here is the Icon that I use for TECHZONEZ both in the toolbar and desktop........

TZ Icon by Tinker
    Last edited by Tinker; June 24th, 2002 at 14:07 PM.