Thread: The Best Air-Cooling Case?

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar

The Best Air-Cooling Case?

http://voyeurmods.com/index.php?acti...21&prevstart=0

It doesn't have fans in front for the hard drives though!

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Must sound like an apache attack helicopter LOL

Titanium Member
    I, at times, think about replacing my side panel with -or mounting a large flat pan type fan near the size of the panel itself - blowing out. The RPM's would not need be that great so the noise may be at a lower level than all the fans I have running now (4) For an experiment - this summer, I will take off the side panel and put my square window fan next to my PC - side by side to see what happens. Noise? As it is I have the extra drive bays open without covers and a fan blowing in over the cpu - in that space - and it's noisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Booger
    Must sound like an apache attack helicopter LOL

Normally, the 120 mm fans are pretty quiet.

@Lynch, side panel fans should blow in. Do you have any fans at the moment for exhaust in the rear?

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    With 8 fans though, it has to sound quite a bit louder than a 2-6 fan setup.
    I feel for you if you have a dusty home... You might create miniature tornadoes or dust devils.

http://www.animalu.com/pics/d4.jpg

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Big Booger
    With 8 fans though, it has to sound quite a bit louder than a 2-6 fan setup.
    I feel for you if you have a dusty home... You might create miniature tornadoes or dust devils.

http://www.animalu.com/pics/d4.jpg

LOL
    I've got 7 in mine and they're pretty quiet, in spite of upgrading them to Cooler Master LED fans (2,500 rpm). It's really dusty here but the filters provided by Thermaltake are pretty good. They look the same as the filters in my room aircon.

When I was using my Lian Li case huge amounts of dirt would accumulate inside the case. Lian Li's filter isn't very good.

My Name is.... TZ Veteran Stripe's Avatar
    Looks nice....

I don't think that I'd go with a jet engine on my next case. I think that I'll fork the extra cash and get water cooled.

With my luck though, the thing would leak

Titanium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan
    Normally, the 120 mm fans are pretty quiet.

@Lynch, side panel fans should blow in. Do you have any fans at the moment for exhaust in the rear?

I have done a lot of testing and for my set up the best is to place a fan blowing in - in the extra drive bays with the covers off and one exhaust fan blowing out in the cover and one blowing out in the back.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    @lynch, if you need the Big side fan to blow in, then it means that your other fans arent doing a good job, ie dont blow enough. You should look at upgrading those fans.

@conan, that case looks very nice, great colours (case and LED fans).

@BB, the big fans could be quieter due to lower RPM, but Yes would be disasterous with Dust... LOL I love the Tornado effect.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Titanium Member
    I never said I need better fans. It's at 45c right now but it's hot in this room. I like to experiment is all. I have 3 80mm fans and one (forgot name) CPU fan.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    I know you never said you need better fans, We are saying you may need better fans. Ideally your fan setup should be flexible enough to work in Hot and Cold conditions, ie with Temp or Speed control

Experiements are always fun, I just sit my airconditioner unit next to me and the comp, so I at least I dont melt to the chair

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Titanium Member
    Better fans? Faster RPM? Sharper pitch blade? I have an RPM control on the CPU fan. I do route the floor vent AC with plastic accordion dryer vent tubing - placed near the inlet fan of my PC (during summer) - facing my face so I can get some of that action.