Thread: Hushmail Encrypted Email

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

Hushmail Encrypted Email

Have any of you ever used Hushmail? What do you think about their service? Is it really secure? How is the free account? Do they put advertisements in with the mail? How about spam?

Hushmail is the World's premier free, secure web-based email and document storage system. Hushmail provides you with essential communication tools that allow you to communicate with privacy and confidence.

Affordable
    Hushmail offers both free and Premium accounts, starting at only $29.99 per year!
    Reliable
    Now in its fifth year, Hushmail continues to innovate and extend its acclaimed technology.
    Accessible
    Hushmail users can access their email, documents and instant messaging from anywhere in the world.
    Secure
    Hush Technology: Peer-reviewed, Standards Complaint, 2048 bit encryption.
    View the Hushmail Site for more information.

I am keen on it, as my private email that I only give out to friends and family. Just wondering if anyone else has used it?

It's very good, very secure.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    I created a new account. The service is still going strong, but they charge for IMAP connectivity.

I have used it, but found I wasn't able to access their site with Firefox. Even with IE and a 300k line, my inbox took about 1 minute to load.

So, secure, yes, but speedy, no.