Thread: Nvidia Forceware 61.11 Driver Update

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

Thumbs up Nvidia Forceware 61.11 Driver Update

Driverheaven have put up some new Nvidia forceware drivers (beta) for your downloading pleasure. Below is a rundown of the extra features and a description of the file.

Windows 2000/XP

Thanks towards VR-Zone for releasing the NVIDIA ForceWare 61.11 version; they made our day for sure. This is ForceWare 61.11 for windows 2000 and XP and all NVIDIA graphics cards available. A reference ForceWare driver from NVIDIA themselves. As usual we recompressed the archive and brought it down towards 11 MB. The files within the archive are dated 29th of April making this the absolute newest set available!

And check this out:

DriverVer = 04/29/2004, 6.1.1.1
    NVIDIA_NV40.DEV_0040.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra"
    NVIDIA_NV40.DEV_0041.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6800"
    NVIDIA_NV40.DEV_0045.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT"

Version 61.11. Compared to the 60.72 driver, this new driver features:

* Around 5% boost in Aquamark
    * Around 5% boost in X2 performance
    * Around 5% boost in Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness performance
    * Around 10% boost to Call of Duty performance
    * Over 20% improvement in Far Cry performance (fixed a z cull bug)
    Download

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    Tried both of the drivers and neither one worked correctly. I could see some of the details but the bulk of the screen was like a solid gray cloud. Tried changing(tweaking) the card features but no go....bummer

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Did you remove the previous driver before installing this one? Or did you install over the top? IF it was an over the top driver install, sometimes it can get buggered. If it was a clean install, then maybe these are screwy.. as they are not official Nvidia releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Booger
    Did you remove the previous driver before installing this one? Or did you install over the top? IF it was an over the top driver install, sometimes it can get buggered. If it was a clean install, then maybe these are screwy.. as they are not official Nvidia releases.
    I did a fresh install...tried it twice...but after reading the specs on the new nvidia requirements for the 6800(power supply upgrade) min 480 watts I decided to change over to ati...got the Radeon 9800 pro...their newest release will work without any power supply upgrades. Card seems sweet so far.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PIPER
    I decided to change over to ati...got the Radeon 9800 pro...their newest release will work without any power supply upgrades. Card seems sweet so far.
    Great choice!

Quote Originally Posted by Conan
    Great choice!
    Thanks Conan....I figured you would like that.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PIPER
    Thanks Conan....I figured you would like that.
    I'm sure the performance is astounding compared to the FX 5600, I also went from FX 5600 to 9800 Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Conan
    I'm sure the performance is astounding compared to the FX 5600, I also went from FX 5600 to 9800 Pro.
    Actually I went from the FX 5900xt overclocked from BFG...second day after installing the card I tried Call of Duty and got horizontal lines across the screen when maxing out the graphics so back to the store I went and decided then after having read the specs on the new nvidia cards to make the change. So as far as graphics go I don't see a whole lot of difference other than bench mark scores being a little higher. Time will tell once Doom 3 finally hits the store shelves. This is the third card in six months...lol..