Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google adds @TZ

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar

Google adds @TZ

does TZ get credit everytime someone clicks on one of the 'adds by google' ?

I always click all of them while I'm here so just wondering if I should keep doing so.

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FastGame
    does TZ get credit everytime someone clicks on one of the 'adds by google' ?
    Yes we do get credit most of the time.

I always click all of them while I'm here so just wondering if I should keep doing so.
    The choice is yours,as long as you don't abuse the system.(no repetitive clicking of the same ads).

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

As youíve already brought up the topic, let me ask some questions. I want to create a site where Iíll write my own articles and Iíll welcome contribution if anyone would like to help me . If I want to put Google ads on my site:

1) How much do I get paid? I saw their FAQ but it couldnít be vaguer. Do I get money only for putting the ads or do visitors have to click them?
    2) I live outside the USA; can they send me the money abroad?
    3) The website Iíll make will be on freewebs.com, can I put Google ads on my web pages?
    4) This has nothing to do with Google, but how do I spread the word about my website?

Rev, I guess youíll have the answers to my questions as youíre the admin of TZ. BTW, can I become an affiliate of TZ ?

Quote Originally Posted by hotmale
    1) How much do I get paid? I saw their FAQ but it couldnít be vaguer. Do I get money only for putting the ads or do visitors have to click them?
    2) I live outside the USA; can they send me the money abroad?
    3) The website Iíll make will be on freewebs.com, can I put Google ads on my web pages?
    4) This has nothing to do with Google, but how do I spread the word about my website?

Rev, I guess youíll have the answers to my questions as youíre the admin of TZ. BTW, can I become an affiliate of TZ ?
    1) It's based on clicks. But like i said previously,don't abuse the system.(no repetitive clicking of the same ads).

2) Yes they do send cheques outside of the US. I live in the UK.

3) Read this part of their FAQ: How do I sign up?

4) Submit your site to all the major search engines.Try and exchange links with other sites that have similar content.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Good Luck Hotmale, just pls dont copy TZ by ripping code etc... not very happy with they guy who did.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Thanks Rev ! But you didn't tell me how much money I'd get per click. I just want to see if I can consider it a job I do for a living.

Thanks cash_site for wishing me luck. Hope I can keep it updated. Not easy when you have to attend 7 hr. school, go to the gym for 1 hr., sleep for 6 hr., study for exams, play some games on my PC, play soccer at least once a week... No I won't rip TZ or anyone's code. 100% from scratch But who are you talking about being annoyed with?

Thanks Rev ! But you didn't tell me how much money I'd get per click. I just want to see if I can consider it a job I do for a living.
    Best thing for you to do is to sign up and put the ads on your site and see what your daily average is.It's all dependant on hits,etc.

Thanks Rev! But are you circumventing my question on purpose or are you not getting it: HOW MANY DOLLARS PER CLICK? I don't think it could be more straight forward.

I also want to make a point clear. If I copy some content (an article) from a website and include the reference, is it illegal? Thatís what you do here at TZ all the time, right?

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    hi hotmale

you can copy the articles here at techzonez, they are for everyone

the post that cash_site made is referring to a website that mr. reverend generously let use temporary the techzonez website code and things got out of hand,

check this thread for the story,
    http://www.techzonez.com/forums/show...ghlight=san%2A

ad revenue is based on popularity and number of clicks

the revenue generated is smaller than the bandwidth used to display the ads.

you will need to inquire with yahoo directly about the funds your site may generate

Techzonez would like to keep any financial statement private.

sorry if this doesn't help.

egghead
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Rev! But are you circumventing my question on purpose or are you not getting it: HOW MANY DOLLARS PER CLICK? I don't think it could be more straight forward.

I also want to make a point clear. If I copy some content (an article) from a website and include the reference, is it illegal? Thatís what you do here at TZ all the time, right?
    First of all don't shout by using caps.
    Secondly,how much we get from Google ads is none of your business.It doesn't cost anything to sign up for the ads so just put them on your site and you'll find out for yourself how much you can earn.Never ask how much a site makes financially.It's not the done thing.

No we don't always copy content from other websites,some articles we receive via private correspondence.But when we do get it from other sites we always credit the source.Naming the source avoids any possible legal issues,and maintains the good relations we have established with other sites.
    Last edited by Reverend; May 23rd, 2004 at 22:52 PM.

Egghead, thanks man!

Rev, there's certainly some, in fact a lot of misunderstanding here.
    1) I wasn't shouting, all I was trying to do is highlight my question. Honestly, you're the one who seemed to be shouting in this previous thread!
    2) I wasn't asking how much TZ earns; I was inquiring about the rate given by Google in general to any site using the service. Like do they have a fixed rate?
    3) My plans to build a site isn't because of the money. Proof: I write articles for Lockergnome from time to time as contribution; so I thought why not expand it and try to run a site of my own. Later on, it crossed my mind: earning money while doing something I enjoy is too good to be true. The reason I wanted to ask about the payment rates is I didn't want to expect too much and then be disappointed.
    4) As for the question about copying content from other websites, all I wanted is to stay on the safe side. Several times before, I read articles in the news, software, hardware or games sections and after visiting the link you included I found the same article.

Anyway, sorry if what I had said made you angry.
    Good day! Hotmale

I can't get my head around how google work out the adverts at all.
    Some days I make twice as much as other days, with half the number of clicks and/or impressions.
    Sig Rev'd, not epunked.
    Originally epunked though and you damn well know it.
    OSNN.net - the ultimate acronym.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    All I know is that this man pulled up in my driveway, walked up to my door, handed me the keys to a bright red 2004 Enzo Ferrari, and handed me a note. The note said:

"To: Big Booger

"Damn those google ads are stacking up the cash flow"

My jaw dropped. I heard Conan got a Lamborghini and Richard's driving an Aston Martin.

Mums the word on Rev's ride, but rumor is, is that he got a gold plated Ducati Street Bike.

LMAO

Boogs,you promised you wouldn't say anything.

Hang on....got to go. Jeeves is serving lunch at TZ Mansions.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Booger
    All I know is that this man pulled up in my driveway, walked up to my door, handed me the keys to a bright red 2004 Enzo Ferrari, and handed me a note. The note said:

"To: Big Booger

"Damn those google ads are stacking up the cash flow"

My jaw dropped. I heard Conan got a Lamborghini and Richard's driving an Aston Martin.

Mums the word on Rev's ride, but rumor is, is that he got a gold plated Ducati Street Bike.

LMAO
    My Murcielago R-GT is the bomb!