Last month, I broke a promise to myself and bought a notebook computer containing vista. I am sorry to say that after three weeks use, it has lived up to my very low expectations. It is a cumbersome os. None of the useful Window's tools are located in logical places. I spend a lot of time just looking for them.

I found Vista to be slow with all of the "gee whiz" elements turned on. Some may like the screen antics of Vista. I prefer an instant response when I hit the enter key. Vista is the worst os that I have used. That is my opinion.

Why should my opinion count. It shouldn't, except at that moment when I am making a purchase decision. My notebook needs a windows product for one operation which is not compatible with linux. If that ever changes I will drop vista quicker than you can say Microsoft. I will drop it now if anyone has a extra legit copy of xp pro they want to sell me at a reasonable price.

TechForensics writing in Slashdot has listed a few surprises in the upcoming Windows 7. They will allow third parties to bypass your firewall. And, if he is right, you won't be able to stop it. Details.

Now I restate my earlier pledge. Never again Microsoft. Not one more dime from me.