Hi everybody, newbie here, first post.

I have a problem with Windows XP and Im wondering if anybody can help me cuz the fools at Dell obviously cant.

I got a pc from Dell about 1 year and 2 months ago. Approximatley 1 month after my warranty expired Windows XP started acting up. Isnt that a trip. Anyway, the problem Im having is that after I start up my pc, and I reach my desktop, my monitor starts flickering and there are thin horizontal lines across my screen. Sometimes it goes on for about 5 or 6minutes and then it stops. Other times I have to restart and then the lines go away. The flickering and lines usually appear after the pc had been off overnight.

I have called Dell a million times and according to them, my pc is working fine, there are no problems with my monitor it's an 17 inch LCD ( it's new, they had to send me a new one cuz the one I ordered with the pc crapped out after 1 year) and my video card is fine. Theitechs said that it was a problem with Windows XP, that it was corrupted or something. They had me recover it, that didnt fix the problem, then I had to uninstall Windows XP and then reinstall it, still didnt fix the problem. I have no idea what to do now.

I dont believe its a problem with Windows XP, I think Dell sent me a lemon. But if it is truly a Windows XP issue does anyone have any idea what I should do? I would really appreciate some help because Im going insane. I paid alot for this pc, as Im sure you guys paid for yours. I just think tell just took me for a grand.

Thanks for any response