Thread: Outlook express resending items from outbox

Outlook express resending items from outbox

Hi there, this is just a quick question to see if anyone else has seen this problem.

I have not looked at the customers computer but what he reports is as follows –

Every message he sends is sent as expected buy remains in his outbox. Every time the computer sends as receives it sends the message again. After a day of this it is sending 50 messages and many of his clients have become VERY angry.

The computer is fully protected with Norton antivirus 2003 which was fully up to date so it is unlikely that the computer has become infected with a virus.

In case Norton was interfering with the sending and receiving of the mails I disabled the email scanning unfortunately this didn’t change the situation.

Angry Express Re sending

I get exactly this problem!

Left mine overnight and my friend found over 300 mails in her inbox....!

Have tried scans / updates etc - but no joy -

Help!!!

Adam

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Put any mail from the Outbox and Sent Items folders that you want to save into another folder,then close Outlook Express.

Go to Start > Search > For Files and Folders.
    Click on "All files and folders" and from the "More Advanced Options" drop down menu put a check in Search hidden files and folders

Now search for Outbox.dbx and Sent Items.dbx and delete both of these files.
    Restart OE and hopefully the problem is now fixed.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Thanks.

That seems to have done it.

THANK YOU

The "Sent Items" folder has a capacity of 2GB. Once this capacity is reached, new messages WILL remain in your outbox, and probably get resent. To resolve this issue delete ancient sent messages or move them to another folder

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by bmarks33
    The "Sent Items" folder has a capacity of 2GB. Once this capacity is reached, new messages WILL remain in your outbox, and probably get resent. To resolve this issue delete ancient sent messages or move them to another folder

:-)
    If it gets to this point, I've found deleting, moving, breathing on any email is a roll of the dice. If you can't delete sent items.dbx i've found the following method to works good.

Open OE and create a new folder "123"
    Close OE then navigate to 123.dbx using Windows Explorer "use search if you don't know where the mail store is"
    Delete 123.dbx
    Rename sent items.dbx 123.dbx
    Open OE and PRESTO!!! are alll the sent items under the 123 folder.
    Rename the 123 folder accordingly "sent items archive" and never do anything with the folder other then open messages for reference.
    Last edited by Hawkers; May 24th, 2005 at 20:21 PM. Reason: grammar