Thread: ReInstall of XP Home.. alot of help needed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

ReInstall of XP Home.. alot of help needed

Hi.. sorry if this will take you long but i have tried everything.. and the technician will cost me 98 an hour and for three hours. I tried installing XP Home on a new hard drive i purchased since my old piece of shit burnt after 2 years of use. Well.. I put the harddrive in the slot and it wont work.. I then get it to read diagnostics and BIOS and thats all and ten i get to install 3 disks of XP.. and then i get an error that ibrtfdc.sys is corrupted and it aborts. I am now just stuck with nothing i cant do anything. Any help please!

NOW.. I have found a Hewlett packard cd from my brothers computer that says windows xp install with sp1.. now i have my own registration key but no disk.. so i am using his.. it seems to work so far.. but will unnescessary hewlett packard files also be installed.. can i damage my computer if i load this cd? it is only the windowsxp cd i think.. not the diagnostics and such.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    I don't think anything will get damaged by installing that HP version. It might be tied into the BIOS of an HP machine though, so the only way is to try.

This tutorial tells you how to create a xp installation disk from a recovery disk.

http://www.easydesksoftware.com/recovery.htm
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

ok i installed and ran everything needed.. now my mediabay hard drive wont respond. It made a clicking sound. Why is this? One thing goes wrong then another. I found a Dell Windows XP disk so i am going to use it.. BUT does formatting my hard drive twice in two days ruin it? I mean i just bought a new proimary drive and now the media bay drive is clicking. Why and what can i do.. alot of help is oviously needed.. thanks again for your time.. i know i may be difficult.

It doesn't hurt your hard drive to format it.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition