Thread: Help!!!

Unhappy Help!!!

I hope someone can help me, I installed microsoft office 2003 over my 2000. Without uninstalling it first, just upgraded.
    I then for some reason dont ask why but decided to uninstall both office 2000 and 2003 so I could reinstall 2003 by itself.

I then couldnt find the ******* 2003 disk, so I thought I would do a system restore back to before I uninstalled everything.

That didn't work, when I tried to open Word it came up with the message 'preparing to install' So I then decided to reinstall 2000 as I can find that disk but when I do it says 'The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000006). Click on ok to terminate the application' and 'Installing this product requires the windows installer. An error occured when installing or upgrading the windows installer'
    Please tell what I can do, and if I do eventually find this disk will I be able to install it. The worrying thing is I have never had problems with installing the 2000 disk before.
    Cassandra

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    well basically youre screwed til you can find the cd. but in the meantime I would download a free registry cleaner. MS makes one called regclean and clean the registry before reinstalling. or just reinstall office 2000.