Thread: Remove Novell, Hell :(

Unhappy Remove Novell, Hell :(

You guessed it, i have removed a PC from a novell domain and i have installed it onto a windows domain, its working and sees the network fine. the trouble is i cant collect the e-mails from the server.

The server is on 192.168.200.250 and the local machine is on 192.168.200.51 so i no its not an ip problem, i can also connect ot the shared drives on the machine and ping the mail server, but when i try and collect e-mails it says TCP/IP error so i tried using VNC to go on the mail server (Saves on the leg work) and VNC could not connect (Error 10106 - Could not create socket).

I have removed the TCP/IP Stack and un-installed netbui/TCP-IP/IPX and re-installed them but still nothing, there is no firewall either .

If anyone has any suggestions apart from re-format they would be most welcome.

Thanks

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    try removing the network card in the hardware properties and reinstalling it. I don't know if that will work but it may. At the same time, before restarting, remove all the netbui/TCP-IP/IPX prot. as well.

Then reboot and reinstall. Reconnect to your windows domain. See if that works??? If not maybe someone else can come up with a more sound solution.

Nobody knows I'm a dog. TZ Veteran petard's Avatar
    Take baby steps. Work with the TCP/IP stuff first. Make sure you can see all of the "Windows" network stuff first before you start in with the Novell/IPX network.

Many thanks to egghead for the cool .sig

try sending an email from the server to the client and see what errors that develops, if any, may give you some clues to a cure

thanks guys the removal of the card and tcp/ip stack appeared to work but i also deleted all entries in the registry to novell, then installed 98 over the top and wll is well again, was a long fix but it worked.

Thanks for the advice.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Sometimes just getting rid of all the crap and starting over does the trick. But I agree it is more complex at times than it should be.