Thread: Windows 95 startup errors

Red face Windows 95 startup errors

just a quick question but possibly a long answer

system is running widows 95 but i dont want to upgrade to win98, however, the windows 95 has errors on startup, as there is no MSconfig, how can i easily remove the startup errors. thanks again in advance

What errors are you having? You can find startup items in 95 in acouple different spots..
    1.Click the start button go to programs then startup.
    2.Registry.Be VERY CAREFULL about deleting items from here as you can really mess up Windows. Here is where you would need to go HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrenVersion\Run
    3.Autoexec.bat and Config.sys located in your root directory which should be C:\
    Hope this helps.Will check back here later to see if you have posted the error messages you are getting.

it was a program that was installed and someone removed it, now it has missing startup files.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

Get that app. Should work flawlessly.

Go with the app Big Booger mentioned..You can remove the startup items i mentioned located in the registry without having to go into the registry yourself..Something which would be preferred.

Thanks thats a really big help and the program is wicked. much appreiciated, thanks again