Thread: Microphone help [URGENT]

Exclamation Microphone help [URGENT]

Hey,

Sorry my first post is urgent , hehe, anyways , tomorrow im doing some kind of speech and i'm in front of alot of people. So , to assure that they can hear me i got a mic and BIG speakers that are both connected to my computer.

Does anybody know of a software program that allows me to talk to a microphone and hear at the same time my voice through the PC speakers LIVE. It may be that it comes with XP but I can't find any sort of program that could help.

Thanks,
    Nico

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Welcome to Techzonez Nico, Hopefully you got it sorted out in time for your presentation... basically normal windows XP can be used for this... simply plug in your speakers and mic, then select Mic as recording input from speaker properties in control panel, and un-mute mic from play-back tabs... just make sure the speaker are not next to the mic - else you will get massive feedback screeching noise... so, in the end, I dont think you need 'special' software to do what you want...

hope it works... cheers.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Thanks so much for the warm welcome , and i got it fixed for my presentation , gr8 ,

Thanks again,
    Nico
    NiCo- 24/7 Gaming

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    No Probs Nico, How did the presentation go ?

Goodluck, Cheers.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Also Nico if you go to Control Panel / Sounds and Audio devices / voice.
    Then under voice recording, select "test hardware".

You can control your mic input level so the mic won't pick up all the people clapping at your fantastic speach and relay it back at them

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.~ Groucho

Exact Problem...Dumber Customer

Hello!

I have the exact same problem as Nico...but unfortunately I don't see "speaker settings" in my control panel. Also, if I open up my volume control, microphone is not listed as one of the input volumes...only if I select "recording" from the properties menu can I see the microphone, and there's no mute/unmute option there. I'm using Windows XP professional...

Please help!

Thank you,

Joe