im having some strange problems with my pc, and i need to reset my hardware settings.
the problem is in the registry somehow, I pretty much have already uninstalled/reinstalled all the drivers, but there is some stupid stuff that wont uninstall from the registry, the system is somehow linking an old driver to the new one or something, and heres what the overall effect has with any dx8-9 game: The procedure entry point DdEntry1 could not be located in the dynamic link library GDI32.dll.
in dxdiag under display it says: Hardware accelerated Direct3D 9+ is not available because the display driver does not support it. You may be able to get a newer driver from the hardware manufacturer.
what i REALLY NEED to do is somehow wipe out ALL of the driver settings completely.
my system is win2k my video card is a 9800 pro.
im using the latest drivers.
the problem started when i installed a new nforce2 mobo.
i think the VIA drivers/settings from my last board may be causing the conflict, or at least part of it.

ive already done a upgrade reinstall of win2k sp4, i have all the patches installed from windows update, and i have copies of the patches so i dont have to redownload them every time i need to reinstall them. this includes dx9.
ive also used driver cleaner and some registry cleaner tools, as well as spybot and adaware and scanned my system for viruses just in case.
the driver i prefer to use for my 9800 is rad_w2kxp_omega_2551.exe, but ive also tried the regular ati one as well.
i can play opengl games fine, but any dx8-9 game doesnt work.

ive done all this last week, and i still cant get my system to work correctly, so i really need something to wipe out all the driver settings completely.