Thread: ONE website will not load.

ONE website will not load.

I have seen this problem posted numerous times on numerous forums, but it seems no one has been able to find a cure for this. I know it's a long shot - but I thought I'd give it another go.

The main reason I'm in such a bind here, is because the website (or server IP address for that matter) is my own - if I can't access it, I can't update it. I also can't access my mail servers in Outlook to download emails!! Even WS-FTP is refused access with the IP address!!!! I know the site is up, because most of the people on my buddy list (including the Owner of the web-hosting company) can access the site.

-I've done the basic Ad-Aware, SpyBot, and CWSshredder checks.
    -I did a DNS flush, and confirmed the correct DNS addresses with my ISP.
    -I checked out my host file - all is well there.
    -I cleared the cache and history, and even deleted the index.dat file from the command prompt.
    -I did the sfc /scannow.
    -I did a repair install of IE.
    -I even contacted my ISP (qwest) to see if they were blocking a range of IP address - and the guy even loaded up my website (XXX.removed.com).
    -I can NOT ping the IP or the DOMAIN name at the command prompt. Efforts result in a timeout everytime.
    -I shutdown ZoneAlarm, my Norton Anti-Virus, and most other "background" programs that were running - no dice.

I really don't know what else to do here. I'm kind of up sh*t creek without a paddle, and was prepared to try an XP repair install when I found some one else who tried it was unsuccessful. Has Microsoft looked into this issue and come up with anything? This is a serious problem for me here not being able to update my site.

The only new anomally I can find (that I've yet seen posted), is that even after clearing my cache and history (via the IE toolbar AND manually through windows explorer), all histories of my site are still in the address bar when I start typing it (you know how the drop-down list appears of similarly spelled sites appeared). I noticed this and started tinkering around with other websites I visit frequently... NONE of them show up (which is expected since I cleared the history)... but the references to my own site are still in my system somewhere. This could have no relation to my problem - but I found it rather odd.

I'd appreciate any advice on this problem!! THANKS IN ADVANCE!

link removed for sexual content.
    your webpage loaded fine
    Read the forum rules
    Last edited by egghead; August 1st, 2004 at 18:20 PM.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Uninstall the ZoneAlarm and see what happens then.

No dice. Arghasd hakljd!!!

Titanium Member
    It's blocked for me too. Probably my host file or my firewall block file.
    edit - no maybe the site is just down - http://www.dnsstuff.com/

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Well, the front page opens for me fine. Still having problems?

Whellp - the web host is on it, and is aware there is a problem - he just can't figure it out yet. I found this on the Microsoft site and forwarded it to my web host provider, but I'm not keen enough on internet verbiage to fully understand it...

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;815768

The problem is bizarre because some people can still access the site, but others cannot, and now the web host provider can't either (even though he can see others accessing it). He checked stats on another one of his servers, and it is completely fine...

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/dnstim...=omj.us&type=A

But the one hosting my page is returning weird results...

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/dnstim...eys.com&type=A

In case results have changed by the time some people read this, the first link yielded a B+ result to the test, while the second link resulted in a test of F (the server hosting my site). He can't for the life of him figure it out - so he's having his equipment management company step in to check it out. At least I found out it was not on my end - and avoided the XP repair install.

THANKS for that link LYNCHKNOT!!

I think other people who have been having this problem and thinking it is their own computer, will be interested in seeing this post. Perhaps the site people are unable to access may be having the same issue mine is. I just can't understand why some people can see it - and some can't. That part makes zero sense to me. Anyone have any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by egghead

link removed for sexual content.
    your webpage loaded fine
    Read the forum rules
    Sorry about posting the link - but I didn't know how else to ask for help without providing the address for other people to test.

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    thanks for your straight answer.

a reasonable solution is to request a link sent to anyone interested.
    you must also explain to our members that the link is sexual in nature.

some members at Techzonez browse and respond from computers at work that can and are monitored by weird straight fat mean office supervisors who might have secret fetishes to whip office users who might have reached a pron site with intent.

regardless, you should have posted a warning of the nature of the site.

The website loaded fine and i was leaning toward this post as being a spam venture to garnish more views.

your replies sound genuine and techzonez members like challenges.

We hope you can find a solution to your milehighhoneys.com website error.

thanks for your replies and answers.

cheers
    egghead
    Last edited by egghead; August 1st, 2004 at 18:22 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Egghead,

I understand - and apologize for not providing a NWS (not work safe) or Adult Content warning. Not a spam at all - just a legit guy (who may not be running such a 'legit' business), who can't access his site to update it.

I'm just boggled by this problem though. Why would the server all of a sudden return whacky DNS results? My web host is still lost, and when we both traceroute the domain name - we get stuck at THEPLANET.com.

Can some one try to explain that Microsoft newsletter? What does it mean?

Thanks everyone for responding, and I sincerely apologize for the adult link!