Thread: computer restarts randomly

computer restarts randomly

First I had a problem that my computer was restarting 5 mins after I started a multiplayer game or connected to the internet. I figured out that the modem was the one restarting the computer/after I fixed it it worked fine.Then, I had a problem with my firewall(zonealarm) and I did "format".now I have a problem that my computer restarts and I can't fix it.I had some problems with system files but I replaced the files from me father's computer. file ("WMVCORE.DLL") > windows\system

sorry for the English(live in Israel)

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    It could be hardware related if you haven't done anything to the software like adding software, removing software etc...

I'm kind of thinking it might be software if you had problem with system files. You might want to try running the Xp system file checker:

start, run, type sfc /scannow

Make sure your Xp disk is handy. That should find and replace any damaged or corrupted system files.

You might also want to check your ram, motherboard settings, any third party PCI cards, your power supply (is it adequately providing power), etc...

Also check your error logs in the administrative tools. Should be under event logs. See anything there? If so post it up here. It might help trouble shoot this problem and bit easier.

tnx, thats very useful, but what about the updates, will he delete them?
    and tnx again

I had a lot of problam due to incorrect dll files
    first it was nero that had problem with dll named Wmvcore.dll
    and now mozilla with dll named usp10.dll

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ilyail3
    tnx, thats very useful, but what about the updates, will he delete them?
    and tnx again
    What about what updates? The system file checker just replaces system files that are damaged. It shouldn't mess with any windows updates.