Thread: Roaming profiles & security?

Question Roaming profiles & security?

Been trying out the Roaming Profiles, creating accounts is not a problem, however when I go to use one I have a slight problem with sound, as there is none coming through. Not too sure on what security needs to be set up or even if I have things in the right way but the setup is...

User accounts are stored on the AD DC and so are the profiles, which have been mapped to a shared DIR, then users log on from another workstation. The only trouble is now to enable users from the AD to use files and apps on the workstation but not entirely sure what security exactly needs to be set up in order for this to happen?

Live long and prosper!

DirectSound

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee
    Been trying out the Roaming Profiles, creating accounts is not a problem, however when I go to use one I have a slight problem with sound, as there is none coming through. Not too sure on what security needs to be set up or even if I have things in the right way but the setup is...

User accounts are stored on the AD DC and so are the profiles, which have been mapped to a shared DIR, then users log on from another workstation. The only trouble is now to enable users from the AD to use files and apps on the workstation but not entirely sure what security exactly needs to be set up in order for this to happen?

Right, i've fixed it! Just incase anyone else comes across this problem as it's not been noted anywhere I could find... The OS is XP Pro + SP1, the actual problem was the DirectX sound driver happened to be corrupt, can't remember now how I found this out but all I needed to do was upgrade from DX9.0a to DX9.0b

As for Roaming Profiles, does anyone have any good material to read over?

Yours,
    Coffee.
    Live long and prosper!

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    Have you seen this Coffee? Roaming Profiles

Quote Originally Posted by SupaStar
    Have you seen this Coffee? Roaming Profiles
    Thanks for the reply SupaStar, great link, I especially like the script for creating the accounts Althought I'm still having some technicalities but then I'm still not too sure i've set things up in the right way.
    Live long and prosper!

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    What problem(s) are you having??