BB and I have been exchanging PM's concerning a stubborn problem I have been having since installing latest Windows XP updates. On completion, my Direcway internet connection and ICS networking were crippled. Direcway was fairly easy to fix, although it required work at the Direcway center to finish the job. I have spent several days trying to fix the ics issue without success.
From BB -
SP2 screws up a bunch of stuff on the internet connection track line.

My questions about ICS for you are this:
Do you have XP's SP2 firewall on?

Is your Windows Firewall/ICS service started, stopped, or disabled?

What error messages are you getting specifically when trying to enable ICS?
My Answer -
The show stopper occurs when I turn on ICS on the host computer. That action gets a window that states that the IP will be changed to 192.168.0.1. Information clearly states that other computers on the network may be dissabled.

The big problem on my setup is that it kills Direcway. If it didn't I could go to the client and manually change the IP to 192.168.0.1 and be back in business. This is not a big deal. I have everything needed on the host. Just another microsoft irritation.
From BB -
Why not post this up in the forums? I am sure it will get some replies and help others if we do indeed find a solution.

So the client is where the problem occurs?
My Answer-
No the problem is on the host computer. Set the host to allow a client to access the internet through the host and it kills my Direcway connection.
A little information for readers not familiar with Direcway Satellite Internet. I have the DW4000 system which requires software on my computer to operate the connection. The only way to network the DW4000 is using ICS. The new DW6000 allows the use of a hub, switch or router.