Thread: Problem forwarding email received by my Eudora email program.

Problem forwarding email received by my Eudora email program.

OK. I got an email yesterday with 7 pasted in (embedded) pictures. I was able to view them all--no problem. But at other times I myself cannot even view other embedded-picture emails from this friend. Text, however, does get through.

The pictures are highly skilled artwork done on eggshells with lasers. Thumbnails attached here would be too small, but if you'd like to see them, send me your email address and I will forward them to you.

OK. I forwarded the email to several friends. One person saw only the first picture; a 2nd. saw only the first 3; a 3rd. saw none of them.

I was able to send all my pictures to my friends by (in Eudora) clicking "Send to browser". Once I viewed them in my browser (MSIE 6.0), I was able to right click on the picture and then click "send to email". I then sent the email and this particular friend was able to view all of the pictures I sent him. (He's using Eudora).

I shall welcome suggestions re what prevented me from successfully forwarding all pictures in the original email and what, if anything I could do in the future to avoid my workaround. If there are program settings that should be checked or unchecked, knowing what they might be and how they should be set, would be most helpful.

I do not know what browsers (very likely MSIE or Netscape) or email programs (most likely Outlook Express or Eudora) my friends were using.

Not too sure your question makes too much sense as i've not got Eudora installed but are you the one sending the emails or recieving them?
    Live long and prosper!

Both sending and receiving. Re receiving--sometimes I see all embedded images--no problem. Other times I see some or none. Sometimes they have deep blue-purple rectangles instead of pictures. Sometimes they have an empty rectangle with a red x in upper left corner.

If I can view all embedded pics and forward the email, then sometimes the recipient can see them all or maybe only some or none. If re-forwarded back to me after the recipient has seen them all, then I can see them all again.

Go figure!

wumply

Well the pictures with the red x are certainly ones that can't be loaded because the link is wrong / does not exist, the purple ones however i'm not too sure, it probably depends on the file type e.g. if it's a .tga then you may not have the right image decoder, but then again if it's a normal type e.g. gif, then it just can't decode it. Are you connected when viewing the images?
    Live long and prosper!

Yes, I'm connected - via broadband and my own modem - when I look at pictures in my email.

As I noted the last set of email-embedded pictures I got (all jpg's) I could see. I forwarded them to my son and he could see them...and I saw them again when my son forwarded them back. I figure at this point I will just record what happens, with details, of the next 5-6 such emails since the behavior varies. Then I'll have a clear baseline--which may or may not help.

Appreciate your help. I'm thinking about maybe calling Eudora. I'll let you know if I find a solution. That could easily take a couple of months.