Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: so frustrated

holliee!! started unistalling the hot fix and my comp said if u uninstall this hotfix, the following programs will not run properly and liek it practically listed evry thing. all my games a WHOLE lotaa my programs.. i dun wanna f- up my comp i just want that d@m mini bar argh

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    Do you see Windows Media Player in the menu at all (see attached)?

no

Question

Did you use windows update to install any hotfix(s)?

I know this has already been said but...
    Because it says "the following games" will be effected etc., that sounds more like a general fix from a service pack instead of just for WMP. Not too sure what ones you have and I guess you've looked at your options, but (if there are a lot of fix's installed) is there one relating specifically to WMP that you can remove? :S
    The best option sounds like you should remove anything related to WMP if you can and then reinstall. Maybe look as one option to actually (if possible) remove all the hotfix's you have and install only complete service packs. Doing this won't mess up any other installs appart from if they are really needed by the app or game running but then most things work without the hotfix's as it is. (if you ask how to tell, i really don't know without reading ;-P)

Quote Originally Posted by unchainedmelody
    holliee!! started unistalling the hot fix and my comp said if u uninstall this hotfix, the following programs will not run properly and liek it practically listed evry thing. all my games a WHOLE lotaa my programs.. i dun wanna f- up my comp i just want that d@m mini bar argh
    I've as it happens just gone from 7 to 9 and everything works fine on first install, I only have XP with SP1 on & no other hotfix's but then I don't run too many games.

It's hard to diagnose a problem like this without any kind of visible error from either side, to get too annoyed if it's not working because it's simply not worth it but, have you read the event logs to see if there any errors at the time you try and use mini mode?

If you can it's a good idea to download File Mon & Reg Mon from www.sysinternals.com and check for read errors.

Coffee.
    Live long and prosper!

I have the exact same problem as unchained... you're not alone! Will advise if I figure out how to fix it.

Beebz