Thread: IE Browswer Doesn't Always Load Pics

IE Browswer Doesn't Always Load Pics

Approx two months ago, I noticed IE was having difficulty loading pictures, when I click on street maps, or people images for example. I often the the little red "x" rather than the picture itself and in the bottom left corner, it will display something like "ErrorI in page" rather than the IE Icon.

n general, IE functionality is unreliable. If I go clear the cookies, history, files from the tool -> internet options, then I generally restore most of the functionality. It then slowly becomes unreliable again.

I've reloaded IE, version 6 (SP1, I think); and I've also ran the sfc /scannow command to restore any irregularities in the XP OS (SP1). This also didn't seem to help.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Scott
    Core2 2.40GHz, 1066 FSB; MSI 975X Platinum V.2 975X , BIOS 7.5; 4x1GB Corsair DDR2-800; 600W Zalman Heatpipe; 1x250 GB Seagate SATA-2 + 2x750 GB Seagate SATA-2, RAID1 + 1x 750GB Seagate SATA-2; 2x SONY DRU-830A DVD/CD Combo; MSI GeForce 8600 GTS; Samsung 245BW; VISTA-Ultimate

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    try firefox, if you still get the same issues, it could be a system or internet problem. At least you would rule out that IE is causing the problem:

You can download firefox below:
    http://texturizer.net/firefox/download.html

If that fixes it, then we can start helping you with IE. If not, then it's something else and we can start helping in that area as well.

Thx for the suggestion. However, while it is still a little early, I think I fixed the problem by using your suggestion of "IE Repair Too" where I sent to "ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS" in the control panel and clicked on "MS IE"; I then selected "repair" as you suggested in the post above. It seems to have worked.

Interesting that neither removing/downloading nor "sfc scannow" worked. Thx for the help/suggestions.

Scott
    Core2 2.40GHz, 1066 FSB; MSI 975X Platinum V.2 975X , BIOS 7.5; 4x1GB Corsair DDR2-800; 600W Zalman Heatpipe; 1x250 GB Seagate SATA-2 + 2x750 GB Seagate SATA-2, RAID1 + 1x 750GB Seagate SATA-2; 2x SONY DRU-830A DVD/CD Combo; MSI GeForce 8600 GTS; Samsung 245BW; VISTA-Ultimate