Thread: synchronizing a folder

synchronizing a folder

I just added another hard drive to my computer and I was wondering if there was any way to synch the "my documents" folder so it will be mirrored on both drives. I just want it in two places as a backup. I have Win XP Pro. Thanks.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    The Windows Backup utility found in the System Tools Folder will do backups of your hard drive or selected items to a place of your choosing. If you go thru it in the Advanced mode it allows you to choose what you want to back up and where to back it up to. This is a pretty good Low/No cost solution for most people.

that backup util looks like pretty much what I am looking for. does it automatically keep the backup info synched with the orignial folder, or do you have to put it on a schedule to backup, say every day?

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    According to the Help files you can schedule it to backup automatically. The instructions are pretty extensive so I'm not gonna post them here but you can find it in Help and Support. Do a search for "backup" (w/o quotation marks), then look for the topic "Schedule a Backup".