Thread: New Boot Drive: where are my outlook files

New Boot Drive: where are my outlook files

Hello-

I boot off my RAID1 array which lots its ability to boot. I quicked added OS to my IDE drive, which I keep for backup. I booted from the IDE drive, but I cannot use outlook and I can't find my outlook files. Of course my backup of outlook was not current so I'd really like to recover my outlook file(s) of emailks and contacts.

Can I recover my outlook file(s) on the IDE drive? Or are they lost? I understand Outllook is part of the OS, but still there should be some mechanism for recovering outlook files.

I'd appreciate any insight.

Scott
    Core2 2.40GHz, 1066 FSB; MSI 975X Platinum V.2 975X , BIOS 7.5; 4x1GB Corsair DDR2-800; 600W Zalman Heatpipe; 1x250 GB Seagate SATA-2 + 2x750 GB Seagate SATA-2, RAID1 + 1x 750GB Seagate SATA-2; 2x SONY DRU-830A DVD/CD Combo; MSI GeForce 8600 GTS; Samsung 245BW; VISTA-Ultimate

Outlook is not part of the OS.
    You should be able to find the files in Documents and Settings/(whichever user)/Local Settings/Application Data/Microsoft/Outlook

Quote Originally Posted by smartin22
    Hello-

I boot off my RAID1 array which lots its ability to boot. I quicked added OS to my IDE drive, which I keep for backup. I booted from the IDE drive, but I cannot use outlook and I can't find my outlook files. Of course my backup of outlook was not current so I'd really like to recover my outlook file(s) of emailks and contacts.

Can I recover my outlook file(s) on the IDE drive? Or are they lost? I understand Outllook is part of the OS, but still there should be some mechanism for recovering outlook files.

I'd appreciate any insight.

Scott

U can search your HD *.pst.
    PST file is the data file of Outlook, which contain your email.