i'm in need of some major help here although i feel none can really be given, thanks!

one of the computer's in my home has done this before, that is come up to the windows desktop screen and have the Windows 98 Registration box up

that time..i had to get an entire new harddrive after copying the files from DOS or risk losing everything by reinstalling windows

this time..i think i made a gross error, the old harddrive had some problems, i think it was a virus...and without thinking i immediately contaminated the new harddrive by copying the old one to the new space, i thought running some programs would do the trick but apparently not

the computer has become very slow..so i ran registry mechanic, came up with a few problems it fixed (after 2 and a half days of scanning nonstop), after turning off the computer and rebooting everything seemed fine, i used it as normal

i decided to run a scan for viruses...TrendMicro found one in a WINDOWS file....and it quarantined it...not thinking (me that is) i deleted the file so as to rid the computer of the virus once and for all, the file could not be cleaned by trendmicro so it quarantined it and i did not think to use my norton cd to try and clean it..........after shutting down and rebooting....the screen that can bring horror to anyone who knows what it is to have a computer loaded with important files, especially for your business, came up

and i remember what to do....but i'm wondering if there is any way around this...because this is gonna ask for a LOT of disks as you cannot burn the files to cd from dos.....do my new harddrive and old harddrive have to be scrapped?....will these files still have problems if i load them to a new third harddrive (granted that i copy them)?...should i just get a pentium IV and throw away this pentium II?