Thread: Please Help

Please Help

Out of no where I cannot access a site that I've been logging into for months. It still works fine for everyone else. Anyone know what is going on here. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

My Name is.... TZ Veteran Stripe's Avatar
    I would recommend clearing your temporary files first. To do this, go to Tools, then Internet Options. Then click on the Delete Files button (be sure to mark "delete offline contents"). You can also clear the cookies but be warned, this will usually delete any type of webpage personalization you have at sites and may also clear out your user id/passwords.

If it is a paysite, make sure that the payment method you gave them is still good (credit card didnt expire etc). Other than that, email the site and see if thier support can see why you are unable to access the site.

I've done all that, didn't help. But thank you for the advice. Anything else you might think could be causing this.

I have no proxy set up. I lowered my sec level. I've tweaked my cpu settings, and no luck.

I really love this philosophy site. I go there everyday. If anyone could help me I'll give you a billion dollars.

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    are you using IE to surf the page. have you tried a different browser...can you ping or tracert to the site to see if you can access it. might want to also check your host file or firewall.

I'm using MSN, but IE doesn't get there either. I did this test at a site today and it said i'm not accepting any incoming information so it wasn't able to complete the test.

I'm not using a proxy, and I don't think i have a firewall set up, but I'm not sure. Any advice?

You guys have been most helpful, by the way. I do appriciate your taking time to help me here.

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Are you using XP??

Check your hosts file located in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc and make sure you're not blocking anything related.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

what do i do with these files? there's five of them...

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Temporary "possible" fix:
    http://anonymouse.ws/anonwww.html

Try that. Enter the URL of the site you want to visit, and click surf anonymously. If that works, then it is possible, that either your ISP or their site is blocking your IP string.

Or it could be something else.

that got me in. wow. you guys rock. this site is great. like i said, i've been going to that site for months now. it was a bummer not being able to log in. i gonna refer this site to all my friends if they ask me what happened with my cpu.

tnx again.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kyman
    If anyone could help me I'll give you a billion dollars.

So uh...Whaddabout dat billion dollars?