Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Hmm Interesting Point, I got my copy of MCE2005, and a sparge HD, will order the HDTV card soon then give it a go. like you said, wont hurt to try

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    Definite on the Fusion? I hear there is less success with it compared to the VisionPlus offering, but do some research first and see what you can find.

Quote Originally Posted by SupaStar
    Definite on the Fusion? I hear there is less success with it compared to the VisionPlus offering, but do some research first and see what you can find.
    Really? I heard it was the other way round... They big issue with VisionPlus is drivers, no factory support all 3rd party... Also I think the Fusion does full HDTV 1080i or at least 720p... its hard to specs from our suppliers...

Im not doubting the VisionPlus is good, they are just getting a little hard to come by these days, and all our suppliers are flogging off the Fusion ~ $170 for VIVO or 130 for lite version...

Dont worry I procrastinate too... my 800 is still good, and 9200se gave a few more months of life... lol, just got to find the time to actually backup all my stuff up, and install MCE... why does it come in 2 discs?

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Sounds like it's pretty even in the problems department, here is a quote regarding the Fusion
    Ive just rebuilt my media PC and finally have live tv actually working but like you I cant get Channel 9 ans SBS. The HD channels are flakey except Channel 7 it works like a dream. The only way I got mine to work was to use the cheap rabbit ears, the antena supplied to the apartment would not give any channels. Im in an apartment complex in Redfern, Sydney.
    But then people with the VisionPlus have had similar issues. At least now the manufacturer is working on releasing MCE-compatible drivers.

Hmm... so it seems that Media Center is the weak link, as im sure both cards would perform exceptionally well under normal XP environment... might need to wait a little while longer for people and manufacturers to get some good MCE drivers out... I think thats the key.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Thats the thing. MCE is the problem, but I'm happy so far. Everything has integrated really well. I can spend less time setting up my computer for TV/DVD/DivX and more time using it

Post Thstan

How Can I Download Them Free

Quote Originally Posted by thstan
    How Can I Download Them Free
    Download what free?

Drivers?? Perhaps

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Whosy what's now?

I'll tell you what now, there has been a big push by big retail stores on these MCE PCs... the big names HP, DELL, Gateway etc are releasing several packages and they are getting flogged at ridiculus prices!!! like $3000 for P4 2.8 with 160 SATA and 512 memory with 15" LCD monitor plus MCE

They claim they are not PCs but instead compete in the Audio-visual department!! What a joke!! they make like 1500% markup!!
    Last edited by cash_site; November 19th, 2004 at 08:05 AM. Reason: typo

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Yes, I've seen them to. You can custom-build them for a fraction of the price. In fact, I'm thinking of replacing our existing 'normal' TV with a MCE solution.

Help

I somehow lost my codecs for MCE 2004 w/ sp2, and was wondering if someone can suggest how to get them replaced

Try reinstalling your software DVD player (such as WinDVD).

Should I remove some programs first, or just install windvd? Any particular version have good codecs? I would like to be able to play all video file extensions...