Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 4

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    Just as a note, RE4 will be made for the PS2, but the release date is a far from the GC version

Quote Originally Posted by Dehcbad25
    Just as a note, RE4 will be made for the PS2, but the release date is a far from the GC version
    Resi 4 wil be coming out on the PS2 probably september/october 2005 so GC owners will have a good 10 months or so bragging to their PS2 mates about the game. At first I was pi**ed that it was coming out on the PS2 too but now im not that fussed considering the dates have been spread out. Resi 4 comes out on the GC in the US on Jan 11th and in the UK probably on the 1st Feb (although i doubt that) or the 18th March alongside MGS3 Sanke Eater

British Stud Muffin TZ Veteran GimieGimieGimie's Avatar
    I CAN'T wait for RE4!

In the mean time, i'm going to get myself my own copy of Project Zero - Crimsome Butterfly to keep me occupied

Too bad us ppl in the UK gonna have to wait till probably march till we get our hands on Resi 4.....I'm seriously thinkin bout gettin a US copy tho!! I had Project Zero the first one on the ps2, not a ad game and original but a little too easy! I'm keeping myself occupied with Pro Evolution Soccer 4 and Paper Mario as well as repeatedly playing through my Resi Evil collection

Well, i agree with the easy part, project zero was very easy, hehe.

But the story line was absolutely amazing with the rope maiden and the whole grandmother in the past, very sick, storylines is what compells me to video games.

Game play has to match the story line of course though

B*stard Capcom I been checkin out tha new trailers and pics of Resi 4...the game looks awesome! I haven't looked forward to a game this much ever since when Street Fighter 2 first came to home consoles....I'm pretty sure this will probably be my fave game of all time, I've already made space for it in my game rack. It'll go right alongside Code Veronica and bring my Resi Evil collection to 5 on the GC! Can't be asked with all the Outbreak sh*t...gimmick crap!! BUT WHY THA F*CK DO WE HAVE TO WAIT TILL MARCH...I EVEN TRIED GETTING A IMPORT COPY ON AMAZON.COM BUT THEY SAY THEY CANT DELIVER TO UK

I only need to find for a decent Price RE3 for the GameCube and I will have a complete colection of RE games for PC, Dreamcast and Gamecube. No need to collect for the PS2 since they are the same games, plus Survivor and Outbreak don't add much. After all my GC I got it for the RE games.
    Last week I got Dino Crisis 2, for the PC, so I have some games to finish while I wait for RE 4
    Plus Santa (mom) has lost the receipt for the pre-purchase, so I might have to wait until she finds it which could be years from now

PS: Learn from my mistake, never send your mom to do a gamer's job

Full collections for PC, Dreamcast and GC?? That's cool I had Resi 2 and 3 on the PC...dunno where they are now tho Had CVX, Dead Aim and Outbreak on the PS2...the latter two were awful in my opinion! Outbreak was a bunch of crap...it had Resi 1 graphics from the PSone and the loading time was ridiculous! Ok maybe it never had Resi 1 graphics but in comparision to the GC's Resi Zero and the remake of Resi 1 it was garbage...I dunno how the PS2 is gonna pull off Resi 4...it's gonna look shite on the PS2 i reckon!! They can't even make a football game (Pro Evo 4) without it slowing down...doesnt stop me from playing it tho
    Last edited by r_a_s_10; January 6th, 2005 at 02:38 AM.

PS2 is kind of funny. I have seen too many having problem loading the games. Games freezing....kind of like in a cheap PC
    The Last game I got was RE2, but I got it just for the sense of completion, since I already have it for PC (platinum) and for Dreamcast. And I will be playing it in the PC since I am not that good using controllers Beside I can save a lot more (moving the save files once they are full )
    Last Night I watched again (but on DVD this time) RE apocalipsis. I think overrall is a good movie born from a game
    Now, I want to make something clear. I don't really play that much

PS2 is completely outdated now, it was released in 2000 i believe, that makes it 5 years old, they should of had PS3 out by now, i'm tired of the graphics.

GTA San Andreas is a great example of how far the PS2 graphics can go, not far.

Even in final fantasy X that was released more then 2 years ago now, the special effects in that slowed the ps2 down at some points, the games being made are far more superior then the actually console and have been for years.

So it's about time PS3 came out, because i don't like the controllers of the other consoles, they are crap to me, X-BOX is ok, but i still prefer the ps2 controllers like i've mentioned before.

It's the sole reason why i buy PS2 format, instead of X-Box & PC, because of the controller, i hope they always keep the same format

In my opinion, without a PS2 controller, the only games i can play with keyboard and mouse allowing me to have the best control, are first person shoot em ups, and strategy games.

Though, now i know about a USB PC plug-in for a PS2 controller, i might start buying games for the pc, because they are cheaper!

I got I-Ninja for the pc 6 months ago for £4.99, but it's still £29.99 on most console formats!!!

But i doubt i'll ever shake my console playing habbits, because the best thing about playing a games console that a pc can't match, is the ability for friends to gather around and knock out game after game on a big 32 inch television, now that will never die!

But what you said about PS2 freezing and breaking down like an old pc Dech isn't true in my case.

I've never had any games lock up on me, ever, my friend gets it though, but you will find it's actually the disc and not the console, people just can't look after a cd without getting smudged or scratched

You must also take into concideration also, that the PS2 in my opinion hasn't got the longest life expectacy, if used on a daily basis like mine is, expect the console to last 2-3 years before you have to start replacing parts like the lazer unit that simply burns out, or the fan goes and the PS2 over heats.

I've had my silver unit a whole year christmas, and it's been knocked about like ****, and i still haven't faced a single problem yet, and i've killed it with 100's of hours game play

Sony did better with the PS1, average life expectacy being 3-5 years, slightly better then the PS2, but this is probably down to the fact it's older technology and is less stressed by the games.

I'm hoping my PS2 will last all the way to the end of next year, end of 2006 i heard was the planned release date of PS3, though i've read little about it, so these dates are probably months old information

I wouldn't be surprised if us ppl in the UK ended up gettin the PS3 in the end of 2007

btw i agree PS2 pads are the best! GC pads are alright for Resi and normal platformers like Mario Sunshine....but when it comes to fighting games its f*cked up! That's why i end up gettin multi-format games such as Prince of Persia on the PS2 altho at times I am tempted to get them on the GC simply cos it looks smoother

there has been pads for the PC that look like the PS. Try the Firestorm from ..(I can't remember the brand) They have a version with the dual analogs, plus some extra buttons. You can also get a 32" LCD monitor
    In my case I can't. I don't have space where to put it

Quote Originally Posted by Dehcbad25
    there has been pads for the PC that look like the PS. Try the Firestorm from ..(I can't remember the brand) They have a version with the dual analogs, plus some extra buttons. You can also get a 32" LCD monitor
    In my case I can't. I don't have space where to put it
    I've heard of the firestorm, i wonder if they feel as good as a ps2 controller does, it would easier, and would be great if they was of the same quality

And about a 32" monitor, ouch, that's got to hurt the finance department of anyone who buys one

And Ras, it's nice to see someone with as much good taste in constrollers as i do

DAMM, I click something and I lost all that I typed. ohh well
    I did wrote a long review of the controller. Now I will make it short. The buttons are fixed for newbies, since R and L buttons take time to get acustom too (with newbies). It has extra buttons on the back, and it feels nice to the touch thanks to a plastic cover on the controller. I recomend testing them at a computer store. CompUSA carries them for example. I had an old model, and since mine broke (2 years of use) I am going to buy a new one when I can.
    They are also very cheap. I bought mine for 15$, so there isn't really much reason not to try them. I bought it because of the price and I ended up loving it

Firestorm sounds like a decent pad...is it available in the UK?? My cousins got this multi tap imported from China which allow you to plug your PS2 pads into them! Its really good and u can play games such as four player games such as Pro Evolution Soccer with no problems Definately worth checking out in my opinion!