Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 4

the game def looks sick! reason im gettin it imported is because MGS3 comes out round about the same time as Resi 4 in the UK...so i wont have time for both of them as i'll be back in uni then!!

I'm pis*ed off cos DHL say they tried delivering the game to my house at around 12pm today but no one answered the door.....wtf i've made sure someones been at home all day!! Now i probably have to wait another day or two before i have the game in my hands bast*rds

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    Can't you pick it up from DHL?
    I have picked up packages from their offices because I could not wait for the delivery (SCSI Drives, not games).
    Anyhow, RAS you are right, it must be about 20 hours or so.
    When I went back to play the game, I discovered that I was actually in chapter 1 episode 3 (1-3) not chapter 3. I have spent the last 2 days and I can't pass chapter 1 yet. It is pretty difficult game, but it is very good

Also, I am not completely sure about this. I made the first part so many times (because I was just playing around, letting my brother in law and brothers play), that I decided to start the game again. I think that if you replay the same part many times it becomes more difficult. There were a lot less items. I deleted the system file and the saves, and when I played again there were more items.
    Another thing, at the end of each section it gives you sme stats. I believe it counts as kill times when you load the game from a save file too, if you were killed. I have not re-confirmed this, since the sections are quite long. So far I have about 4 hours (net) of play and I haven't finish chapter 1 yet.
    And to think that RE I have finnish it in 2:15 or around

I would do that but i dont know where the nearest DHL office is....anyway i called them up anyway and told them to re-deliver 2morow...so fingers crossed All them things u mentioned about Resi 4 hypes up the game even more..i cant wait I heard theres quite a few unlockables in this game so 'kill count' 'continues' etc are going to be important i guess. no sure if it has a ranking system like previous Resi games though.

2:15 is a good time for Resi 1...that game i found quite tough...same with Code Veronica too (but thats probably cos i only played throught that once or twice)

I finish RE only twice, but after the first time I finish it by myself I used a guide, so I could unlock the rest of the endings (luckily I save a lot usually) so I just had to reload some of the last saves, modified a couple of paths and enjoy the different ending. Then, I played with a Speed walkthought, which I couldn't really understand well (the names sounded weird) so I printed out maps (6 or 7 copies of each map) and I draw the path to follow and important key point, like pick up this item, or leave item box with only this items in inventory. Then I played with my brother reading the map, because you cannot pause, the videos count as time, item screen count as time, and picking up items count as time. (I did a test to make sure about it) so I tecnically played the game about 5 times but all in the same month. That is how I got that time. I want to play it again, but this time without having time and score on mind. Just blasting fun with the rocket launcher

i've completed all the resident evils (zero, remake, 2 and 3) several times...all except for CVX that is! I tried playing resident evil remake the other day...cos i've played through the game a few times now i have that stars zombie following me around (the oe strapped with grenades) and sometimes i dont realise and i end up shooting him resulting in game over!! As a person who doesnt like to save too much it becomes extremely frustrating
    I've never tried the speed walkthrough so i end up gettin just past 2:30 on my finish time but i've unlocked almost everything in all the resident evil games...i wanna get the tofu 4th survivor in Resi 2 but it just seems a bit too long...too time consuming!!

btw have u seen a film called Wrong Turn?? i was watching that earlier....it kinda reminded me of Resi 4 (crazy ppl with weapons, isolated location [forest], bear traps) only real difference is them ppl are deformed and really really fu*king crazy...they jus mutilate their victims! overall not a bad film though

that mode that you talked about is "One thought Zombie" The name fits quite well. Also I think the zombie is Forest Spyer, right? Former S.T.A.R.S. member

yeah thats the one Forrest something...but One Thought Zombie??? On my copy he appears on the normal mode

IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE...I TOOK UR ADVICE AND WENT AND PICKED UP MY RESI 4 2DAY...damn DHL messed up again but i've got my copy nonetheless

Really like the game so far...its brilliant, awesome, superb...there arent enough superlatives to describe how good the game is! I've got up to chapter 2.2...jus after rescuing the girl when you have to take the sky lift...but i keep getting killed cos i've got really low health and there arent any first aids or herbs

OK I'm off to go decaptitate sum crazy villagers
    Last edited by r_a_s_10; January 19th, 2005 at 03:17 AM.

already 2.2 ?? Man, I am still in 2.1 Maybe because I am more throught? I do have plenty of health. I sold my punisher because it takes too much space, and I haven't found 9mm bullets so far, and I am selling the TMP bullets too

health wise im alright....but i messed up fighting against that "el gigante"...i used up all my herbs lol. so currently my life is on red (danger) which means one lethal hit and im dead....i need to find a first aid spray quick! i might have to go back a few sub cahpters and try look after my health

i dont really wanna be thorough first time round...jus wanna finish the game and try and learn from my mistakes for when i do go through the game properly second time round.

The punisher is another handgun...it uses the same bullets as a standard handgun (u know the ones that come in a red package)

By the way u speak spanish right?? so u understand wot them villagers are saying?? the only thing i understand is "cabron" which i think means "muthfu*ka" lol

Alright thats enuff Resi for 2day...i need sleep

British Stud Muffin TZ Veteran GimieGimieGimie's Avatar
    Man you guys have too much time on your hands

Over the years, starting with the UK release of RE 2 back in 1998, i've completed nearly every RE there is.

The only one i haven't really played, is ZERO, and that's because i haven't got around to it yet, i will do as soon as i find the time.

My favourite RE has got to be number 2, and that's simply because it was the first RE i played, and it was so advanced for it's time, it just got me hooked

I never had the time to complete the games over and over, i get bored with the repetition, i play games for the storyline, so after seeing every possible ending, i stop playing them.

I'm REALLY looking forward to RE 4 because i want to see what happens with Leon Kennedy, both Claire and Leon was amazing charactors in their day, and Claires storyline finished in Code Name Veronica when she finally met up with her brother Chris.

Now it's Leon's turn to finish he's storyline, he's storyline started alongside Claires back in RE 2, he was a rookie cop just starting he's new post at Racoon Police Department.

But as we all know, he's storyline thickened when he fell in love with the lovely Ada Wong, reporter/secret agent, but to be honest, we never really knew who she was, or who she worked for, only that she wanted desperately to find her boyfriend John.

I believe she works for no one but herself, the reason why she stole the G Virus is one of her senerio's was for her boyfriends sake in my opinion, i believe John has and will play a major part in umbrella's plans, just like William Birket and Wesker did.

Anyway, Leon fell in love with Ada, and in the 2nd/final senerio of Leon's quest, Ada was supposenly killed by T90, had a emotional death scene and everything, but someone threw that rocket launcher down to help Leon kill T90 in the end, and that person in the shadows was wearing Sherrys locket, and the only person who had that was Ada, so obviously she survived and Capcom wasn't finished with her storyline, not by a long shot, especially since they done their best to fake her death, and then hide her in the shadows at the end to keep you guessing.

This is why i can't WAIT for RE 4!

Capcom would be absolutely stupid not to finish off these 2 love birds storylines, Leon loved Ada, and she felt something for him, but she obviously still had feelings for her boyfriend John, who in RE 2, had been missing for 6 long months, most probably working on a secret project for Umbrella in a undiscloved location i believe.

Capcom finished off Claire Redfields storyline in a seperate game, Code Name Veronica, now I'm hoping that Capcom will follow suit with RE 4 and hopefully the storyline is based on Ada, John and obviously Leon, being the star charactor.

I may be completely wrong, but my guess is RE 4 *should* be based around John, the missing co-worker of Umbrella who we heard so much about, but never actually met!

He's probably one of the most important workers Umbrella have ever employed, and may have finally perfected the T/G virus to make the perfect zombies, which to me, the enemies in RE seem to actually be.

Ada will hopefully feature, trying to find John (again), and maybe have already found John, i'm hoping she has already found john, finished her feelings with him, and now wants to be with Leon, getting to watch Leon bump into Ada again would be the best thing ever, i can only imagine the emotions that will fly.

So i'm hoping the game is like this, i would love to see a good ending to an Resident Evil game, and it would be a real shame to leave the storyline incomplete

Happy ending for Leon, cmon Capcom, do it!
    Last edited by GimieGimieGimie; January 20th, 2005 at 11:51 AM.

for a moment there I lost track or RE and I thought you were narrating a novel
    I don't really know if capcom will follow you. Lately games have been turning to a darker side, and RE4 might not be the exception. Plus, is it really a happy ending when Claire reunites with her brother, but they are the only survivors from 2 locations??
    Hehe, didn't thought of that....
    Well, I will try to play RE2 on Sunday, and Saturday night, since I have the whole saturday busy. So I can get a better grasp of RE4 and compare it to your theory. Wait until I finish the game to buy your copy, so I can tell you the end
    RAS, don't bet me at it

HOLY SHIT...MAN ON FIRE!!!!!! MUTHAFU*KA MADE ME JUMP!! where did he come out from Dehc you'll know wot i'm talking about when you get there

I jus had the most awful time defeating this boss...he looks like sumthin out of a 80's movie (i wont say which one cos i dont want to spoil it for u guys) but damn he's freakin fast!!! This game is really really hard...i wonder if anyone will be able to get through it without getting killed at all cos it looks near impossible. Piece of advise...DONT put your control pad down even when watching the "cut scenes"

Resi 2 was the first one i played too...borrowed it of my uncle! It was my fave until the GC remake of Resi 1 came out! I really liked that cos of the atmosphere and thought it was a tough game....but now Resi 4 has taken the throne!! Although this isnt "Resident Evil"...the story is Resi, the characters are Resi....but the gameplay is different...so different infact it its an action game first and then survival horror!! btw Resi games are the only ones i can finish over and over again...cant do it with other games (get bored of them too quickly)

Sorry to burst your bubble Gimie but sadly i dont think we'll get the happy ending that u want

For each time you complete Resi 3 you get an epilogue about the Resi characters. If u complete Resi 3 a few times u get Ada's epilogue which goes somtheing like:

----A woman looks at herself in the mirror. She used be called Ada Wong... But this morning she will say good-bye to the name."I'm not Ada Wong anymore..."
    She feels her ab and thinks,"This is Ada's scar, not mine."
    And as she says good-bye to Ada Wong, she can't stop her tears.
    However, there isn't much time left before her next mission...----

Having played all the other GC Resi games i found clues suggesting that her relationship with that Umbrella employee, John, was only superficial!!! She was only "with" him so that she can gain information about the G-Virus etc.
    Anyways I think John is dead now as he turned in to a zombie It sez so in Resi 1 (Remake) in a letter addressed to Ada saying "i'm infected...blah blah blah"

Practically everything about Ada was revealed in "Wesker's Report 1" which came out on DVD in Japan as a bonus with the Resi remake i think (damn UK we never get any bonus stuff ) Check out the transcript if u wanna know more by going to gamesfaq and checkin out a Resi (Remake) faq by Chandoog.
    Apparently i heard you know more by completing one of the Resi 4 mini games

U do realise Wesker is still alive right?? I'm hoping they dont finish Leon's story with Resi 4...wanna see him in Resi 5 as well as some of the other characters like Claire, Chris, Jill etc
    I reckon Wesker is gonna have a big say in any future Resi games as he always has done with previous titles.

Too bad Leon and Ada cant jus run away and get married or something

ahh
    the Wesker report Long, long document.
    I read 2 years ago the detailed plot analisys of RE. I don't remember the author, but have you check that doc? It is really, REALLY long. I might re-read it after I finsih thru RE2, 3 and 4. I just read quickly to some parts to make sense of Code Veronica, but did not read it all. I remember I tried to avoid reading the wesker reports since it was a big spoiler (SAID IT IN BIG) so I haven't read that part (I think) I am so confused now. I do remember the notes from John which he leaves in the laboratory with the X-Rays saying he is infected. That I do