Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 4

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar

Resident Evil 4

Any RE fans out there? I was checking the trailers today, and it looks pretty promising.
    I like the series very much, thought, I haven't been able to finish any of them, but CV
    I play old school without the use of guides. Took me about 4 months to finish CV . Got a gamecube just to play the re-makes, but haven't been able to find RE2 yet
    Maybe I should starting next weekend playing them again.
    Anyhow, the trailers look awesome, and the gample looks like improved giant steps. What do you guys think?

I haven't been able to finish any of them ???
    Why ??
    It is a good game.....

I finish RE0 b4. I love that game very much.
    Waiting RE4 ^_^

My Name is.... TZ Veteran Stripe's Avatar
    I liked the first Resident Evil, but I havent followed much of the series. I felt it kinda lost its "spunk". Since then, for my scare thrills, I've played some of the Silent Hill series and love it. can't finish them all the way though...get too scared

Well, I remember I started to play this kind of games with Alone in the Dark 3, but I lost interest since I couldn't do much. At that time I had no Internet and I was really stock. Then I found a guide, and I started playing it again (discovered how to continue) I really liked the game, but...then again stop playing (I moved to US then, so I had no PC for a while, and I was kind of busy).
    Many years later (well, not that many, I moved here in 1999, and this is 2001) I bought a Dreamcast. I started buying controllers, memory cards, games from eBay. I love Dreamcast, you can buy so many stuff for it for cheap. One game was Resident Evil Code Veronica. After that I was in love with the genre. But decided to do them from the start. So I got RE 2 Platinum. I got RE 3 for the PC and RE for the PC. RE kind of sucked, but since the new one was for the game cube I waited. I played Dino Crisis 1 and 2. Then got my gamecube, got RE 0, and Code VEronica X, and then........I couldn't find RE (Remake) so I had to wait more months. Now I want to play and finish them all in series. Starting RE, Silent Hill, Clock Tower and Resident Evil. I will be busy. Today Arrived Clock Tower 3. I bought it for 12 cents in eBay, Brand New

British Stud Muffin TZ Veteran GimieGimieGimie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dehcbad25
    Well, I remember I started to play this kind of games with Alone in the Dark 3, but I lost interest since I couldn't do much. At that time I had no Internet and I was really stock. Then I found a guide, and I started playing it again (discovered how to continue) I really liked the game, but...then again stop playing (I moved to US then, so I had no PC for a while, and I was kind of busy).
    Many years later (well, not that many, I moved here in 1999, and this is 2001) I bought a Dreamcast. I started buying controllers, memory cards, games from eBay. I love Dreamcast, you can buy so many stuff for it for cheap. One game was Resident Evil Code Veronica. After that I was in love with the genre. But decided to do them from the start. So I got RE 2 Platinum. I got RE 3 for the PC and RE for the PC. RE kind of sucked, but since the new one was for the game cube I waited. I played Dino Crisis 1 and 2. Then got my gamecube, got RE 0, and Code VEronica X, and then........I couldn't find RE (Remake) so I had to wait more months. Now I want to play and finish them all in series. Starting RE, Silent Hill, Clock Tower and Resident Evil. I will be busy. Today Arrived Clock Tower 3. I bought it for 12 cents in eBay, Brand New
    Yo Dehcbad25,

You have the same taste in games as me man, one time you should fill me in on all your Silent Hill and Resident Evil experiences, i would be happy to discuss the whole series with ya in detail

I'm also looking forward to Resident Evil 4, playing as Leon Kennedy again will be awesome!

I miss Claire and Leon Kennedy, Claire just wasn't the same in Veronica, nothing like RE 2, and i was unhappy about this, i hope she can make an appearance in RE 4, but i doubt it

I just hope Capcom can recreate the Resident Evil magic again, just like Silent Hill has managed to do, time and time again
    Last edited by GimieGimieGimie; December 10th, 2004 at 10:59 AM.

Great, maybe you should stop by my house and we can have a freaky game marathon
    Unfortunately my brothers don't enjoy the taste as much. It might have something to do that I usually show them the scariest scenes They pretty much don't like Eternal Darknes SR because of that. I have to admit, I got quite scared in a certain scene, enought to drop the control . I finished Clock Tower 3 yesterday again, so it would habe been hard mode, and proud to say I beat the hard mode in 3:15 hours. I want to finish RE in less then 2:30 next. I also installed Silent Hill 3 finally yesterday, with 5.2GB I can say it is quite huge, and it has some weird feeling, like, I am lost, and don't know what to do, and freaked out at the same time. I like it
    The motion is somehow slower, but I liked the graphics. Kind of dark...it reminded me of Doom 3. (probably would have been inverse and correct to say that Doom 3 has a feeling of SH3, but I played them inverse)
    I am actually going to install SH4 to see if I can compare them. BTW, are the SH stories tied? or the games are pretty much independient?

Silent Hill 3 is definately the most scariest of the series, nothing comes close to freaking you out like that game can do.

Scariest game i've ever played, not through out, but just at certain parts, such as the hospital near the end, the alternative changes into a bright red/pink living version of it's self, and the walls and floors are alive and the screen is just disgusting, not to mention the noises and fast beat they throw at you.

Silent Hill 3 is also one of the most enjoyable of the series, the storyline is intense and finishes off the gigantic storyline from Silent Hill 1.

Heather is Harry Mansons daughter, but not the young girl from the original game, but the new born baby he ran away with if you got the GOOD ending.

The game is very long and very satisfying, so much so, it's like living a horrible part of your life you wish never to relive, but be glad it's over, you will always remember it as one of the greatest of the series, but it isn't the type of game you can just play over and over for the hell of it.

Silent Hill 4 - The Room, is a completely different storyline to 3, and it's based on an actual mini-story, that was sneakerly included in a newspaper artical you find in Silent Hill 2.

Whilst playing Silent Hill 2, James even refers to a "hole" that was once there, but no longer exists when he enters alternative silent hill, referring to the type of holes you use to enter the Silent Hill type world in Silent Hill 4.

It appears to me, that Silent Hill 4 was in the making at the same time Silent Hill 2 was, thus the both games have very strong links, infact, the Apartment Manager in Silent Hill 4 is infact James father, Frank Sunderland.

So Silent Hill 1 and 3 are linked, and 2 & 4 are linked, interesting how they have decided to do this.

Regarding Silent Hill 4, it's one hell of a game, it's completely different to the other Silent Hill's, new battle mode, new weapons, 10 item limit inventory, first person mode/3rd person, no radio! (creatures make their own noises)

The game also focuses heaverly on melee combat (fighting with metal weapons) instead of actually guns, infact the guns are pretty crap, and you find yourself falling in love with all types of cutting weapons, my favourite was the rusty axe

The only thing about the game that reminds you, that you are still playing Silent Hill, are the creatures you fight and the surroundings you visit, other then that, Silent Hill 4 is a completely new format of game.

That doesn't make the game any less enjoyable, in fact the changes bring a new breath of life into a long line of series, Silent Hill 4 is one of the Silent Hill series i play, over and over again, just because it is so much fun to kill creatures!

The music is also very heart wrenching, and certainly the most emotional of the series.

I would recommend any Silent Hill fan to play Silent Hill 4, it's yet another success story for the Silent Hill series, personally, this reviewer can't wait to see what they are going to do with Silent Hill 5.

I'm hoping they make a Silent Hill Prequal, because a few questions need to be answered from Silent Hill 1, that wasn't answered in Silent Hill 3.

A game based on the very beginning of Silent Hill and it's cult, would be fantastic and would certainly end the game in my heart on a positive note.

Enjoy playing Silent Hill 3 Dech, i'm sure you will love it, watch out for the hospital, there is a room in there with a gigantic mirror, and if you stare at your reflection for too long, the image of yourself on the other end will start bleeding all over, and the room will lock.

And eventually the walls of the room will start bleeding all over and scare the shit out of you
    Last edited by GimieGimieGimie; December 13th, 2004 at 14:28 PM.

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GimieGimieGimie
    Silent Hill 3 is definately the most scariest of the series, nothing comes close to freaking you out like that game can do.

Scariest game i've ever played, not through out, but just at certain parts, such as the hospital near the end, the alternative changes into a bright red/pink living version of it's self, and the walls and floors are alive and the screen is just disgusting, not to mention the noises and fast beat they throw at you.

Silent Hill 3 is also one of the most enjoyable of the series, the storyline is intense and finishes off the gigantic storyline from Silent Hill 1.

Heather is Harry Mansons daughter, but not the young girl from the original game, but the new born baby he ran away with if you got the GOOD ending.

The game is very long and very satisfying, so much so, it's like living a horrible part of your life you wish never to relive, but be glad it's over, you will always remember it as one of the greatest of the series, but it isn't the type of game you can just play over and over for the hell of it.

Silent Hill 4 - The Room, is a completely different storyline to 3, and it's based on an actual mini-story, that was sneakerly included in a newspaper artical you find in Silent Hill 2.

Whilst playing Silent Hill 2, James even refers to a "hole" that was once there, but no longer exists when he enters alternative silent hill, referring to the type of holes you use to enter the Silent Hill type world in Silent Hill 4.

It appears to me, that Silent Hill 4 was in the making at the same time Silent Hill 2 was, thus the both games have very strong links, infact, the Apartment Manager in Silent Hill 4 is infact James father, Frank Sunderland.

So Silent Hill 1 and 3 are linked, and 2 & 4 are linked, interesting how they have decided to do this.

Regarding Silent Hill 4, it's one hell of a game, it's completely different to the other Silent Hill's, new battle mode, new weapons, 10 item limit inventory, first person mode/3rd person, no radio! (creatures make their own noises)

The game also focuses heaverly on melee combat (fighting with metal weapons) instead of actually guns, infact the guns are pretty crap, and you find yourself falling in love with all types of cutting weapons, my favourite was the rusty axe

The only thing about the game that reminds you, that you are still playing Silent Hill, are the creatures you fight and the surroundings you visit, other then that, Silent Hill 4 is a completely new format of game.

That doesn't make the game any less enjoyable, in fact the changes bring a new breath of life into a long line of series, Silent Hill 4 is one of the Silent Hill series i play, over and over again, just because it is so much fun to kill creatures!

The music is also very heart wrenching, and certainly the most emotional of the series.

I would recommend any Silent Hill fan to play Silent Hill 4, it's yet another success story for the Silent Hill series, personally, this reviewer can't wait to see what they are going to do with Silent Hill 5.

I'm hoping they make a Silent Hill Prequal, because a few questions need to be answered from Silent Hill 1, that wasn't answered in Silent Hill 3.

A game based on the very beginning of Silent Hill and it's cult, would be fantastic and would certainly end the game in my heart on a positive note.

Enjoy playing Silent Hill 3 Dech, i'm sure you will love it, watch out for the hospital, there is a room in there with a gigantic mirror, and if you stare at your reflection for too long, the image of yourself on the other end will start bleeding all over, and the room will lock.

And eventually the walls of the room will start bleeding all over and scare the shit out of you

LOL....Gimmie, you should work for Gamestar Mag dood....hell of a revue!!

Quote Originally Posted by PIPER
    LOL....Gimmie, you should work for Gamestar Mag dood....hell of a revue!!
    LOL

I simply tell it as i see it!

THANKS GIMMIE, now I won't get scared aymore Remind me not to ask you about a movie because you will tell me the ending
    Just kidding, actually to be totally honest, I can guarantee that I will completely forget about the warning by the time I get there, and I will get scared
    So, do you think I should play Silent Hill 1 first?, and then 3, and later 2 and then 4
    Did I get it right?
    Did you play Alone in the Dark? I had played 2 and 3, but I didn't get far. Now that I am older (and I know less) I might be able to reach farther, but I didn't know if they have storyline tide to each other.
    It is funny, I had bought Alone in the Dark 4 and I got the first one in a magazine and I haven't install them. (I had even Shogun total war in the shrink wrap, so I am not surprised)

To be honest, no, i haven't play any "Alone In The Dark" series, i know of their existence, but some how i got the impression they was crap?

What are they about?

And yes to your question, you got it right about the game versions

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GimieGimieGimie
    To be honest, no, i haven't play any "Alone In The Dark" series, i know of their existence, but some how i got the impression they was crap?
    I bought Alone in the Dark 2 and it was so bad I threw it in the trash 20min later, I didn't even ask anyone if they wanted it.

Resident Evil 4 should be made for the PC so we can forget about the $$ wasted on Doom 3

Nobody knows I'm a dog. TZ Veteran petard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FastGame
    ...snip...

Resident Evil 4 should be made for the PC so we can forget about the $$ wasted on Doom 3
    Man you're not kidding. Doom3 is lame.

Many thanks to egghead for the cool .sig

I would say that Alone in the dark was the first in the survival series, thought it is more centered in suspense. I have AITD 3 and I thought it was good. It is a lot more centered in the puzzless and requires more knowledge.
    They are all DOS games exept the last one, and are from 1992, 1994, and 1995, but I think the graphics were pretty good considering the times IMHO.
    I think a problem is that after playing today's games it is difficult to play and old game without aftecting the perception on what the game was in the moment. It is like playing NFSU and then NFS the first one
    I think Doom3 was fine the first hour of play. I haven't touched the game after that, and I feel so happy I didn't buy it a friends lend it to me

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    I agree Dehc, Doom 3 was good for a short while....after that it s**ked big time....wish I could say that I didn't buy the damn thing.