Thread: Lost my partitions with XP reinstall

Lost my partitions with XP reinstall

I reinstalled my XP today and lost my partitions! My computer runs 2 hard drives. 1 10gig and 1 120gig. My 120 gig is or was, partitioned into 3 equal parts and it was where I keep all my files. The 10 gig was exclusively for the XP install. After I reformated the 10 gig and installed windows, the partitions I created for the 120 gig were gone. In my computer, the drive shows up as one 40gig partition and when I try to open it, I get the message that says that the drive is not formated. When I used the max blast software that came with the hard drive, the program still recognizes the partitions and even has the names that I gave them but windows won't recongnize them. How can I my files back?

Did you reinstall usin NTSF file system? If so it may not recognize the other drives (partitions) from the OS.

yes I did. max blast still recognizes my partitions but windows won't. is there any program i can use to get my files and burn them to a dvd before i repartition?

Ive always used PQ Drive Image, but there are several products equally up to the task. Acronis True Image is another.More here ...