Thread: Outlook Express help

Outlook Express help

I am attempting to reload my OS (winxp) and have emails that i would like to save. Is their a .pst file where all my saved emails are kept? If so I have looked throughout my system folders but cannot seem to find it. Can anyone help?

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    When you have OE open right click on what ever folder the email is in and choose properties, It'll tell you where it's stored.

Something like> C:\Documents and Settings\FastGame\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{DE3796C2-D432-44C4-B461-539AF39B3B01}\Microsoft\Outlook Express\Inbox.dbx

mine is located in:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

tho yours would be different based on the specific username (i'm talking windows username here). Administrator would be something like John, or BillBob.

tho, it is possible to change the folder that outlook looks to, and saves/loads from. i do know that it defaults to hidden folders. so if you manually search, make sure hidden files are being shown. or just search for all .pst files.