Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Office 2003 Trial (Free for Download)

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

Office 2003 Trial (Free for Download)

Try the Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003 free for 60 days. Download the entire Standard Edition, available online for the first time.

• Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003
    • Retail Pricing: $399 US new user price or $239 US upgrade price
    • User Restrictions: None
    • Applications Included: Word 2003, Excel 2003, Outlook 2003, PowerPoint 2003

Links:
    Download the Trial

More Information

I just bought Microsoft Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003 when I bought the "Clean install" XP thingy so I could get rid of windows 98SE. It has Word 2003, Excel 2003, Outlook 2003, PowerPoint 2003 of course, but it's only like 150 dollars . I don't know how much difference the two programs are, but everything seems cool on mine. I like it, when I had windows 98SE I had microsoft works 2000... that was WEAK.

(From Microsoft) What's in each edition?

I put the link because there's so many different "Microsoft Office".. programs that maybe some who haven't may want to compare.

-adiemus

Ebay: http://search.ebay.com/office-2003_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

has quite a few good deals going on with software. Several versions of the office suite are available... Honestly though, the freeware Openoffice is just as good, and $100-400 could do a lot of good elsewhere in the financial department.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Booger
    Ebay: http://search.ebay.com/office-2003_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

has quite a few good deals going on with software. Several versions of the office suite are available... Honestly though, the freeware Openoffice is just as good, and $100-400 could do a lot of good elsewhere in the financial department.
    Amen.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Cool link from eweek... should check it out.

Office 2003 vs Openoffice.org

-adiemus

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    great comparison adiemus

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cash_site
    great comparison adiemus
    ditto and thanks for the link....downloading it now.

Thanks guys...

Anyway, I'm still happy with the MS 0ffice 2003 (S&T Edition), even though it wasn't free. I'm kind of dumb with computers and I like working with what I'm used to. Then I don't have to stress if something goes wrong.

-LS

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Academic versions are great, I wish I knew more while back at uni, cos I would have bought heaps of O/S, apps etc

It was a great comparison article though, we are looking to upgrade office suite using office2k, but havent rolled out office2k3 for site, but our building only has 6 PCs, so openoffice will work great

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

I must admit any Office Suite of Applications will suite most users as long as compatibility issues are not a consideration – like say you email spreadsheets all over the place Excel will rule as most that that

Sure each to there own and way(s) of working the draw back is M$ Office is packing VBA and thus the conversation ends with the programmers power this is the by far the daddy of Office Suite – Lotus did code in the back bone was hard and never really took off and so M$ still is bar far the lead runner.

All boils don to what Your going to do and how it knocks on Your working environment – good call!

jiuk - www.excel-it.com

RE- the Ebay link sure see Your point - never know what Your getting thou but what i here there are bargains and FULL proper stuff - cant argue with that - just be careful i guess is teh best advice

jiuk

I personally sold a full office 2003 Pro Japanese version for $150.00 The retail here is like $500.. So someone got a grand deal.

Smile

thank you peeps for the OpenOffice alternative, i need to get off this office xp some-use-before-we-disable-unless-u-have-activation code dilema. :/

Quote Originally Posted by elusive
    thank you peeps for the OpenOffice alternative, i need to get off this office xp some-use-before-we-disable-unless-u-have-activation code dilema. :/
    Hope you get some good use out of open office. I think it is a great suite. ANd no activation is always a plus.

Titanium Member
    where can I get MS Office slacker 2.0?

Last edited by lynchknot; June 14th, 2005 at 22:43 PM.