Thread: Windows Updates

Silver Member

Windows Updates

I downloaded and installed Service Pack II for Windows XP Pro, a while back when it became available. I also regularly go into the Windows Update site and let it search my computer for anything new that I might need, specifically the Critical updates etc. But, since I installed that SP II, I don't remember finding anything new that I should download except three "NOT" important items 1)Windows Journal Viewer, 2)Net framework, and 3) Highmat support. Is there something wrong that the update scan is not finding anything I need (that is critical) or haven't there been any new Critical updates or patches since SP II was released. Before I installed that SP II, I was frequently downloading Critical updates and patches, now nothing ???
    Question #2. Should that scan also find any updates I night need for Internet Explorer and Outlook Express, or must I go elsewhere for those updates ? Many thanks !!

I do not think there is a problem. I have the same thing going on at this time and I use XP Pro as well. Just not seeing a rash of new updates at this time.

I think IE and OE are covered on the scan. This is because the are built into XP and not stand alone like say Office 2003 which does require you to go to a different Microsoft site for upgrades.

Silver Member

Smile

Thanks Tinker, for the reply. Mike