Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any Cube players out there?

Any Cube players out there?

What games are you playing right now?

Myself...
    - Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
    - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (just got done beating this one actually)
    - Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
    - Metroid Prime

Which ones are you looking forward to getting?

Myself...
    - Mario Power Tennis
    - Mario Kart Double Dash
    - X-Men Legends
    - Prince of Persa 2: Warrior Within
    - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

i have cube, but i dont play it that much. for some reason i prefer xbox or my ps2 for those games which are cross-platform.

tho i am looking forward to Metriod Prime 2:Echoes. that should be nice.

yeeeeeeah. I'm excited about MP2. I suppose I should get through Metroid Prime though before I get ahead of myself.

haha, yea. that might help. i have a game i am at like 90+% in.. i just missed a couple missle packs and shit.

i should prolly finish that game up as well... it just annoyed the hell out of me.

i've been stuck on trying to get the morph ball for days now. i'm currently just frustrated with it so I haven't touched it in a couple days. Thoes friggen beetles! I don't know what the deal is, they always take me down though.

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    I have Metroid Prime. I didn't get hooked up. Only passed first level
    A game I am really waiting for is RE 4
    I bought the cube for 2 reasons
    1) it was the lowest priced console
    2) Re series
    I really like the loading times. It is a lot quicker that turtle PS2.
    My brothers got a PS2. It is just me, or PS2 sucks???
    Long loadign times. Takes to forever to boot disc. The DVDroms get bad easily (do a search on ebay, lots of broken PS2) and only 2 controls. Yeahh, you can use a multitap, but why not have the 4 ports directly????
    the cube has impresive graphics for the loading times. Xbox is the most powerfull but it has it jitters too.
    In my opinion the best gaming console is a PC
    And the best ever made is the dreamcast. Just think about it.. 4 controllers, you can plug 2 mem cards per control (total 8) they have VMU. The graphic system was great. Games were crispy and fluid (check a copy of Dead or Alive 2, Soul Calibur, RE Code Veronica, Shenmue)
    It already included modem.
    Way ahead of time console. Unfortunately not enought titles for it
    Coming back to the topic (sorry, got off tracked)
    I am currently trying to finish RE with less than 2 hours (to get rocket launcher)
    and planning to start RE CV.

Quote Originally Posted by Dehcbad25
    I have Metroid Prime. I didn't get hooked up. Only passed first level
    A game I am really waiting for is RE 4
    I bought the cube for 2 reasons
    1) it was the lowest priced console
    2) Re series
    I really like the loading times. It is a lot quicker that turtle PS2.
    My brothers got a PS2. It is just me, or PS2 sucks???
    Long loadign times. Takes to forever to boot disc. The DVDroms get bad easily (do a search on ebay, lots of broken PS2) and only 2 controls. Yeahh, you can use a multitap, but why not have the 4 ports directly????
    the cube has impresive graphics for the loading times. Xbox is the most powerfull but it has it jitters too.
    In my opinion the best gaming console is a PC
    And the best ever made is the dreamcast. Just think about it.. 4 controllers, you can plug 2 mem cards per control (total 8) they have VMU. The graphic system was great. Games were crispy and fluid (check a copy of Dead or Alive 2, Soul Calibur, RE Code Veronica, Shenmue)
    It already included modem.
    Way ahead of time console. Unfortunately not enought titles for it
    Coming back to the topic (sorry, got off tracked)
    I am currently trying to finish RE with less than 2 hours (to get rocket launcher)
    and planning to start RE CV.

Oh yeah. I definitely agree with you that DC was the best console...ever I think. At least to date. Jet Grind Radio was one of my favorite games. It's a pity Sega couldn't pull it off though.

I bought the GC because it was low priced too. Plus my gf wanted to play Bomberman Generation and Gauntlet Dark Legacy. Some of her friends had those games back in the day I guess and she missed playing htem.

I've never really got into the RE series. Horror games just really aren't my thing. Although House of the Dead for the Saturn was pretty friggen awesome!

HOTD (House of the Dead) 2 was pretty bad thought I bought it and a gun light but it sucked. The first one was good
    I rented Turtle Ninjas, and I could not finish it
    I lost all my continues with the ninjas (metal ninja, elite, bla bla)
    I forgot to mention, I am almost done finishing Clock Tower 3. Thought I should re-do it because I forgot some stuff in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by Dehcbad25
    HOTD (House of the Dead) 2 was pretty bad thought I bought it and a gun light but it sucked. The first one was good
    I rented Turtle Ninjas, and I could not finish it
    I lost all my continues with the ninjas (metal ninja, elite, bla bla)
    I forgot to mention, I am almost done finishing Clock Tower 3. Thought I should re-do it because I forgot some stuff in the middle
    Clock Tower, for the Saturn? Dude! You rock!!!

I had the first one. Not any more though...

I just finished yesterday. Not too long 3:45 hours play (that doesn't include the cinematics, which are a lot and some are long) and re-do of a lot of parts. I missed 2 ghost, so I am re-doing it to have perfect score but continuing the save, so the difficulty should have increase considerably. With Luck I will have it cleared by the weekend so I can start Silent Hill 3

nice going!

I finished Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I'm half way though Crystal Chronicles right now and I'm almost done with Tony Hawk Underground.

NFL Street challenges are still kicking my butt though!

Hey guys!

sorry a bit off topic but i have to agree with you.. DC is such an awesome console, I know many of the games for it got re released on GC but it wasnt the same. I found that many of the games were alot easier which really took the fun out of it.

I got my GC for the res series too, but i have got some other decent games like Eternal Darkness, which if your a fan of horror games is in my opinion a MUST have Silent hill series is also very good (first is the best)

British Stud Muffin TZ Veteran GimieGimieGimie's Avatar
    I'm a Cube player,

I purchased the console because it was the lowest price console, and a few of the games are really good!

I purchased my console with Lugi's Hunted Mansion and Resident Evil (original), the best remake of any game EVER!

To be honest, i hate the control pads for Game Cube, playing Mario Double Dash is impossible, the controllers are too bulky compared to the fine slim-lined N64 joypads.

Yes i own a N64

And because of my hatred for the controllers, and the lack of software support, Game Cube is the least played console in my house, but it does have under it's belt, some of the finest remake of the best games of all time, and this is why i will never give it up

Metal Gear Solid - The Twin Snakes is a fantastic remake, the graphics are beautiful and the game play is just as original, the new animated movies were breath taking!

Apart from Resident Evil, the rest of the Resident Evil series remade for the Cube was a complete disapointment, the people that remade them done them on the quick, and the graphics are more like N64, then Game Cube, just to make a quick buck if you ask me, but i can't argue, they are still remakes of fine classics!

So yeah, game cube is an interesting console, but i don't see it as a main contender, there just isn't enough games to back it up.
    Last edited by GimieGimieGimie; December 10th, 2004 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GimieGimieGimie
    I'm a Cube player,
    To be honest, i hate the control pads for Game Cube, playing Mario Double Dash is impossible, the controllers are too bulky compared to the fine slim-lined N64 joypads.
    Ew. I hate the N64 controllers. They are so awkward to handle. I think the Cube controllers are improved over that, but they are indeed too bulky. I really think the Sega Saturn had the best controller design of any console yet.

British Stud Muffin TZ Veteran GimieGimieGimie's Avatar
    Oh yeah, the n64 controllers was shit too, they were just perfect for Mario Cart

PS2 has the best joypads in my opinion, nice feel, maximum control.