I hope someone can help with this.

I was given a computer with windows 98 I believe Millenium edition for a present. It isn't a really new puter but not really old either. I know it has an intel pentium III processor but I have not been able to acces any more info.

I can not get past the Microsoft Networking password. It was purchased from a business that went out of business. They (as far as I know cuz I havent gotten into the windows yet) deleted all of their files, and business info from the computer, but they left the networking settings on it.

I found out how to clear the cmos setup password so I could get into the bios, but I can not find any info on how to get rid of the networking password. It tells me that the network is not available to verify my password so I will not be able to access part of the operating system.

I can't even get it to start up in safe mode or in dos.

I can not find any way to get that password out, other than reformatting the hard drive, I can not open the start menu or any thing other than a couple of things like microsoft office, word pad etc. I can not even open the start menu.
Is there any way to clear that password setting. The company is looong gone so if not I guess I'll have to have it reformatted.
Thanks a million for any info you all can give me.

Zookian.