Thread: Reboot Loop after BIOS Screen

Reboot Loop after BIOS Screen

I have an Asus A7N8X-Deluxe with 1008 BIOS. After the BIOS screen and right before you see that horizontal line that moves from left to right it reboots. I tried inserting the XP disc and entering the recovery console, the only command I tried was "fixboot" but that didn't work. The only changes I made yesterday was to my home wireless network, I don't think that would affect booting. Please help someone.
    www.mightymo.net

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Did you install drivers when you changed your wireless network ? undo what ever you did. Try removing the wireless card and if that lets you get into windows then use system restore or remove drivers and try wireless again.

Go get Memtest 86 and read the directions, it's easy to use. I like the ISO file burn it to CD and in your bios set first boot to CD drive, the floppy file is easy also. Test your memory.

Are you over clocking your system ? back off the OC if you are.

Usually the problem you having is caused by a bad OC, bad driver or bad memory.

I did not install any type of drivers for the router. My notebook has a built in wireless 802.11g card. I was OC'ing my system by 200MHz but I put it back, still no luck. What I'm doing now is repairing the installation. I booted into the XP disc and after hitting F8 to agree to Microsoft's terms and agreement instead of installing a fresh copy of XP I choose the repair option. It's copying all the files now, I'll post the results.
    www.mightymo.net

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Thats good because if the memory was ok the XP repair would have been the next option

I didn't use the memtest 86 but I did pull each DIMM out and test it. Still same thing for each, so I don't think it was the memory. What I had to do was install XP on this old 80GB HD I had. Then I transfered all my files from the broken HD to the 80GB. Windows did boot up normally. Now I'm installing Windows on my normal HD, then after that I'll have to re-transfer the files back. I love Microsoft.

BTW, I had Windows Media Center Edition installed, I've had nothing but problems with it since I installed it. I'm putting on Windows XP Pro SP2 again.
    www.mightymo.net