Thread: dont know whats wrong

dont know whats wrong

last night, i turned on my comp and i notcied something was different cuz the window title things were different, later on, i realized that i have no acces to my printer and cannot add it or install it again, i cant use system restore, and my internet wouldnt work the last time i tried to logon. cant run ad aware, or spybot cuz they freeze when i try to use them.... anyone got anything to help me?

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Well we need more info on your system and what does
    window title things were different
    mean ? explain what it looks like. Also I don't see where you said anything about trying your anti-virus, maybe you have a bad virus ?

Go to My Computer> right click C: Drive> Properties and click tool tab> and check the drive for errors, just to make sure your HD isn't corrupting things.

Do you have anti-virus protection ?

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by majik_420
    last night, i turned on my comp and i notcied something was different cuz the window title things were different, later on, i realized that i have no acces to my printer and cannot add it or install it again, i cant use system restore, and my internet wouldnt work the last time i tried to logon. cant run ad aware, or spybot cuz they freeze when i try to use them.... anyone got anything to help me?
    What is your address, I have a hammer to send you... .....jk....post a little more info...like any recent downloads, AV...etc. As suggested run scandisk first and check the drive for possible issues.

i ran scan disk, and right before all this crap happened i had run an antivirus. what i meant by the title things are different is that like... the yops of thw windows where it sayz My Computer or Internet Explorer or whatever, they changed color, they were blue before now theyre gray.... and i did eventually get to run adaware and spybot, they didnt find anything out of the ordinary, my sound has also been completely disabled somehow.... if theres anything else i can put on here to help just tell me what and how

i was trying to figure out how to get my computer to make sound again and i ended up in a sound trouble shooter, and while im going through the different steps, one of the options gives me a link to the master control for the volume. when i click on the link it tells me: there are no active mixer devices available. to install mixer devices, go to control pannel, click printers and other hardware, and then click add hardware. this program will now close.
    well when i was trying to get my printer to work last night, i already tried that and it said this: operation could not be competed, the print spooler service is not running.
    while i was in control panel i saw the sounds and audio devices, so i clicked that and it said that there was no audio device what so ever installed on my computer, i know there is because i used to play music all the time before. dont know if any of that helps with anything, but it adds to the list of whats wrong with this damn thing.

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    do you have the drivers disk for your motherboard?

you probably need the sound and video drivers to get back on track.

also there is a new worm on the net that will destroy your firewall and antivirus
    W32.Maslan.C@mm
    http://[email protected]
    ------------------------------------------------------------

i dont know anything about a drivers disk, me and my dad have been trying to find any kind of disk that came with the computer, but we cant find anything.... and i think im making some progress on some other issues... the sound is still gone though, im not getting my hopes up

ok this is gonna sound really weird, but i dont know what i did or how i did it, but everything is back to normal somehow.... sorry for all this

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    glad to heay you have it working now.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by majik_420
    ok this is gonna sound really weird, but i dont know what i did or how i did it, but everything is back to normal somehow.... sorry for all this
    Glad to hear that you have it back....try to learn from your experience and retrace your steps for a clue if possible...(retrace mentally that is)....the learning curve with puters can be lengthy at times but helps with future issues down the line.