Thread: Restricting access to User Accounts completely

Restricting access to User Accounts completely

Hi, hope you can help me out...

Anyawy, here's the story;

My brother bought a new computer. Everything is cool and all... But, he puts a password on his account in Windows XP. Now, I used to just go back to Safe Mode, and create a new administartor account for all my needs. But alas, I cannot do this again... This is my last chance to fix it.

The situation is like this; I've hidden the User Accounts option under the Control Panel, using the Group Policy Editor, but that didn't help. My brother can still access User Accounts through My Computer (right-click on My Computer--> Advanced --> User Profiles--> Settings, then clicking on the blue text at the bottom saying "User Accounts") . He blocked me so now I can't create any new administrators accounts through Safe Mode, it asks for his password. He's done it by going to User Accounts, clicking "Change the way users log on or off", then unticking the "Use the welcome screen" option. That way, I can't access that default "Administrator" account if going to Safe Mode. Now I have access to his computer, on his account, and I even know his password, but he's gonna change it later on. I know I can simply change his password, but I really don't want to do it, he'd kill me. I just want to block completely the User Accounts feature, so that even if he tries to access it through System/My Computer, he won't be able to do so.

Is there a way? For now I just ticked the "Use the welcome screen" option...

Thanks in advance!

P.S

It's NOT totally HIS computer... My mother bought it, for him, so... It's different. In a way, it's also mine...

Cool... I've found a thread on the forum, explaining how to hide accounts. It worked, but if I right-click My Computer, then go to Advanced, under User Profiles click Settings, I can still see my "hidden" account. Can I hide it from there as well? If so, how can I do that?

Thanks again... In advance!

P.S
    Here's the thread;
    http://www.techzonez.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9304

Ah... Anyone? Have any ideas?

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberPooh
    Ah... Anyone? Have any ideas?
    yeah I have an idea your brother would be pissed when he traces you back to TZ and sees we taught you to hack his PC

Why won't your brother let you have your account ?

It's not that we're being mean, just sitting back wondering "Hmmm is CyberPooh my brother"

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberPooh
    It's NOT totally HIS computer... My mother bought it, for him, so... It's different. In a way, it's also mine...
    How is it "yours" as well if your mum bought it for him ?

He obviously doesn't want you to have access,therefore we are not gonna be held responsible for showing you how to bypass the security on a machine you don't own. Sorry.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Bronze Member
    I don't have a brother so I'm safe.
    Last edited by Mousesk; December 17th, 2004 at 16:25 PM. Reason: I guess we can't help, sorry..

At least he claims so...

Anyway, I've got another problem. He deleted all the accounts, even the Administrator, leaving only his account. Please, it's not his computer, he just claims it to be, I have to block access to there as well, or at least hide my account from there...

Please?

Edit: Yes! He deleted the accounts only through System--> Advanced--> (User Profiles) Settings, and I don't know what it does, but I can still access the Administrator and my own account... Yeah... So, you can delete/lock this thread now if you want to. Sorry for bothering you.
    Last edited by CyberPooh; December 17th, 2004 at 22:44 PM.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Sorry. It ain't happenin for the reasons posted above.

Thread Closed.