Thread: Picture Saving/Deleting Problems

Picture Saving/Deleting Problems

Howdy all...

I've got a problem, and I hope someone here can help me. I seem to not be able to save pictures from the internet. When I right click and hit "Save target as" I get the save box where it shows where you're saving the picture at. After I hit save or choose to go to a different folder, the web browser freezes along with the save box. It happens in both IE 6 and Mozilla Firefox.

This is becoming annoying. I need it to end. It has nothing to do with the web site as some would say because this happens all the time, to any picture I try to save anywhere off the web. I can save pictures from Paint or Photoshop.

I also have two pictures which I cannot delete no matter what I do, nor can I move them or right-click and hit properties on them. I tried DeleteDR, it won't work. I don't know what else to do.

I don't know man, maybe your path is too long that's why you can't delete the files. Try renaming all the folders in the path to 1 and try deleting the file. You won't be able to rename the file itself. Hope this is of help man, windows can get really frustrating.

It's in "My Documents" so I don't think that's the problem. Plus I can delete other pictures from there, just not this certain one. I've posted this problem on two other help forums, with no luck yet.

I swear, man, bill gates should be castrated for f**king up so badly. He could actually define perfection with the amount of recources he's got at his disposal, but instead he gives us this shit that's got thousands of f*cking flaws.

I agree with you 100%. I got some useful program from someone helping me on another forum. Explorer.exe is using the picture...What should I do about this, since killing explorer.exe closes my documents.

Quote Originally Posted by CactusZac098
    I agree with you 100%.

Explorer.exe is using the picture...What should I do about this, since killing explorer.exe closes my documents.
    use Total Commander instead and delete it from there after terminating explorer.exe. It's the awesomest file manager ever. As the name says "TOTAL" commander.
    Last edited by Death; August 1st, 2004 at 16:23 PM.

I got them deleted through the command prompt after killing explorer.exe. Thanks.

Cool, you should still check out Total Commander, though. I'd pay that guy ten times over man, if I could afford it.

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    glad to see you got it going.