Thread: mac to pc dvd player

Cool mac to pc dvd player

a friend created a dvd on a mac. It has *.bup, *.ifo, and *.vob files.

Anyone know of a program for a pc (win2000) to view these files?

Thanks in advance

Tom
    Tom

Unhappy May have figured out problem

I think the problem is that the dvd was created on a mac and that win2000 can't figure out the file system.

The only program that seems to see the files is Win Explorer. Nothing else can see anything on the dvd.

I copied a test file to my c drive using win explorer, but nothing else can see the file.

I think I need some type of a conversion tool to convert from mac format to ntfs. Any ideas about finding this type of converter will be appreciated.

Tom
    Tom

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    When he burned the DVD he must not of used the UDF DVD option in his DVD software.

A DVD burned on MAC with the UDF DVD setting should work on a PC, as long as the PC has the right codec and the DVD-Rom can read -R media.

Where's cash_site when you need him ??(TZ member with a MAC)

These are the same file extensions as any DVD.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Sorry FG, only saw this thread now

Depending on what type of dvd movie and the software he actually used, there should be no real reason for the DVD not to work... it should work in any DVD player - even stand alone players.

As curio pointed out, the extensions are all the same (as they should be), however, you simply can not view the files from explorer, as with any DVD.... There may have been an option in the software that enables CSS encryption or the like, so your best bet would try to extract the DVD contents using DVD decrypter and then using PowerDVD to view it.

What exactly did he use to burn the DVD and what do you want to do with the files?

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    Is the DVD a movie or data disc? Don't forget that if it is a movie you will need a software DVD player such as PowerDVD .

It sounds to me that you are simply viewing the contents of the DVD in explorer as opposed to 'playing' the DVD.