Thread: How to view TGA files within Explorer

How to view TGA files within Explorer

As a new member I don't want to seem pushy. But I saw the graphics section and as someone with WindowsXP SP2 who uses PSP 8.10 and who occasionally needs to view TGA files - I was pleased when I was given this link and thought it might be a nice one to share.

Windows isn't able to preview .TGA files within Explorer normally - but this little program fixes that.

Thumb Plug TGA Homepage

Its one of those things that if you don't need it - it will mean absolutely nothing to you - but if you are tired of having to open up your graphics program even to preview a TGA file - this is a real find.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Journeyman
    As a new member I don't want to seem pushy.
    If you want to help people enjoy their PC experience then be as "pushy" as you want, as for the "new member" sorry but the "new" wore off after the first day

Your now a TZ member and thanks for the tip

Cheers Fastgame

I know how a new name to a forum, who straight away starts to give links, can come over as spamming. As it happens I came across this because I use a Windows customising program which contains TGA files - and this is a useful way to preview the images from within the folders and not have to open up PSP.

Quote Originally Posted by The Journeyman
    Windows isn't able to preview .TGA files within Explorer normally - but this little program fixes that.

Thumb Plug TGA Homepage
    Very nice, thanks The Journeyman. And it's also open-source!