Thread: Installing Firefox over MSIE 6.0

Installing Firefox over MSIE 6.0

I'm running XP with SP2.

Can I just go ahead and install Firefox (I mean I can't uninstall MSIE)...will Firefox ask me if I want to make it my default browser...or how does it work?
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

Yes - exactly that - there's a small learning curve - tho' no more than when you first start using any new program.

You will be able to import your IE bookmarks straight into Firefox and many of the standard toolbars such as Yahoo, Google, Spoofstick are available together with many other extensions that give Firefox additional functions.

PS I'm running XP SP2 with the Firefox 1.0 - no problems whatsoever

Additional Edit:-

In Firefox Toolbar Menu: Tools > Options > General - towards the bottom you will see a check box for 'Default Browser'.
    Last edited by The Journeyman; January 6th, 2005 at 10:54 AM.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.6) Gecko/20050223 Firefox/1.0.1

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    No need to uninstall IE.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by wumply
    I'm running XP with SP2.

Can I just go ahead and install Firefox (I mean I can't uninstall MSIE)...will Firefox ask me if I want to make it my default browser...or how does it work?

There are alot of "tweaks" out there too.......be well....be safe....and enjoy FireFox!!

Mike
    If you tell the truth, you don't have tons more to remember.

Mark Twain

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Wumply, it is very simple, no need to uninstall IE, as Firefox is a Separate Program for Internet Browsing. Just download and run the install package, and it will very clearly prompt you and ask if you want to import Bookmarks/Favourites and set to default browser etc.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---