Thread: DDR finally comes to the Cube!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up DDR finally comes to the Cube!

Dance Dance Revolution with Mario
    Nintendo lends its biggest mascots to Konami and dancing ensues.
    By IGN Staff

January 7, 2005 - Nintendo in Japan today announced that it has teamed up with Konami Entertainment to develop Dance Dance Revolution with Mario, a GameCube-specific version of Konami's popular dance games featuring characters from the Mushroom Kingdom.

Like in Konami's Dance Dance Revolution games, players dance atop a mat, which acts as a controller for the on-screen title. The objective is to stay with the rhythym of the music, literally dancing to on-screen cues.

Very few details about the game have been released, but Nintendo and Konami did announce that it will use a new dance mat controller. In Japan, the mat will be included with the game. The title will also feature a wide assortment of dance-related mini-games.

The game will be on display at the World Hobby Fair 2005, which begins in about two weeks. A Japanese release is expected this Summer.

Check out the first screens.

[Source]

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    It is a great news that DDR is coming to Gamecube. And with Mario I am sure kids will like it. It should be sponsor by the goverment as a plan to reduce overweight on kids. I played the PS2 version for 5 hours and my legs now feel in great shape . So far DDR looks more for teens. I would like a teen version too because I like the music on those games Every other weekend we play with my brothers, and even have been thinking to buy more durable mats. I just hate the idea of lacks for ports. The same Mat should work with Xbox, PS2, GC, and PC (and DC), but not all have ports for all the systems, and ports can be expensive too.
    Those arcade style mat look awesome. I wonder how long do they last...
    Do you have any mat fatalfury?

No I don't have any mats. I did come across a web site once that showed how to make your own hard pad. I'll have to see if I still have it bookmarked somewhere.

I'm very excited DDR is coming to the cube. I don't have an Xbox and until just recently (like 2 weeks ago) I didn't have a PS2. So the only time I got to play DDR was in the arcades (which is really a better experiece). I'm very stoked about it though.

You can buy 2 mats and the game for 50 on ebay (new all)
    The matts won't last long time, but better than pay 150 for the more durable ones
    You get the feeling first
    then buy the more durable mat with the port adapter for the other consoles as well

Here is the link to that site I mentioned eariler. This guy built a metal DDR hard pad from scratch. It's amazing! I only wish I was that talented.

If I read well the final cost comes up to about 199. Add to that the time, and it can be actually expensier, thought it has the advantage that you would know how to fix it easily. I wonder if it could be linked to multiple controllers so you can make one version that works in GC, DC, PS, and Xbox (ahh, don't forget PC)
    The metal pad from Red Octane come about 200, and they have adapters for 25 for other consoles