Thread: essential programs

essential programs

can somebody give me a list of programs that are like... essential for the computer to run... im talkin about under the task manager and on the processes tab... which of those do i need? cuz im tryin to figure some crap out and i think that if i can end whatever doesnt need to be running i might be able to get somewhaere

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    The best place I can think of for this specific info is located at BlackVipers site.
    http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    yup rik hit the nail on the head. best place of the net for a good explaination of what services should be running or that can be optional. But be weary...and know the outcome of what services you are disabling. I would recommend doing a system restore check point just so you can get yourself back if you muck it up.

ok well i didnt see this anywhere on the list, maybe im blind.... but maybe somebody knows something else about this program.... Avengine.exe ... sometimes that program will just start using damn near 100 percent of my resources and if i end it, it just restarts itself immediatly.... anyone know what it is

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    here you go http://www.liutilities.com/products/...rary/AVENGINE/ has to do with your panda internet security.