Thread: 'New' option disappearing!

'New' option disappearing!

When you right-click on the WindowsME desktop or inside a Windows Explorer box, you normally get 'New' as a sub-menu option on the popup menu - letting you crete a new folder, text document, word document etc. A couple of times I've noticed this isn't there on my system. Normally it is but twice now I've come to create a folder and been unable to, having to resort to doing it through a dos window! If the WindowsME menu bar at the top of an explorer box is meant to ahve a File->New option, that too is missing.

What could be causing this option to periodically be removed (not disabled, it just doesn't exist) and how might I fix it?

could you be affected by some group policies? is this a home or work computer?

i'm still a newb to server environments, but i would think that option could be disabled on certain folders using group policy. someone more knowledgeable can elaborate on it if this is on a work computer.

No it's just my home PC. Not on a network and never has been - no policies set up at all. I've recently added a second graphics card+monitor and got the latest nVidia drivers which added extra options for multiple desktops etc. That's the only thing that's changed in months.

hmmm that sounds wierd.. format disk and reinstall windows... hehehe.. sorry bad attempt...

ok mayb u shud just go to the add remove programs tab and take a look at the things that u have installed mayb u put something in ur PC that you shud not have and forgot all abt it.....
    Cheers,
    Bringing The Humanity Back Into Computing