I have been trying to do an "over-install" (that is, reinstalling Win 98SE over the top of an existing installation) for a day or so now. All is well until it gets to the screen that has "Windows is now setting up the following items" and it gets to the 2nd one, which is "Programs on the Start Menu". The hard disk whirrs happily to itself for a minute or so, then nothing. I've let the machine sit for an hour now - all that is happening is that the hdd activity light flashes briefly every now and again. There is no set pattern to the flashing: sometimes there are a few short flashes in a row, then a 10 second pause; sometimes there is a single flash every 5 secs etc etc. Obviously the setup program is getting stuck on something - what would it be? The mouse pointer still moves, the caps-lock still responds on the keyboard, and I can even move the "Windows 98 Setup" dialog box around the screen - so the system hasn't crashed. The computer is a PIII 450 with 256Mb of RAM. Any help gratefully received...