Thread: Game Reviews

Banned

Game Reviews

where do u guys go for your game reviews i usually go to ign and hate gamespot

Titanium Member
    After hearing about Katamari Damacy at other (regular) boards, I checked out some reviews - seems they all agree that the game is very addicting and very fun. So many are saying it's the most fun they ever had playing video games. That wasn't your question though. I can't answer 'cause I don't game much.
    Last edited by lynchknot; January 27th, 2005 at 06:52 AM.

Banned
    where do u go to play katamari damacy
    Last edited by biker666_05; January 27th, 2005 at 06:55 AM.

Titanium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by biker666_05
    where do u go do play katamari damacy
    It's a Namco game for Playstation2. From the description, it sounds like a "riot" to play!

I discovered Tom Bramwell's import review over at Eurogamer. Toward the end of his article he succinctly summarizes Katamari: "...what sums Katamari Damacy's appeal up for me is the sense of unbridled joy bursting from every pore. It's the happiest game I've ever played, and the happiness is infectious." And there's really no better way of saying it.
    [/quote]What is a game? Like creativity, a game is Katamari Damacy. It's simple.

"You're this little star guy, see." He fell through the ceiling and now he's speaking to no one in particular. The clones haven't blinked. "And your pops...Well, he's a comically abusive alcoholic. Anyway, he's the King of the Cosmos, right? He goes on this wicked bender and manages to break a lot of stars. Now that's not any kind of good, so he tosses you a Katamari, or little-sticky-ball-thing for the layman. Then he Rainbow Roads you to Earth..." Now there is much blinking.

"No, you heard okay. Rainbow Road, I says." He still seems to be speaking to the air between the pressed suits. "So, you're star guy with a little Katamari. Now you need to collect some junk so dad can make up some new stars to replace the ones he busted." Hopefully, his audience begins to blink, blink, blink.

"Nah, nah, nah. There's no magic or psychic powers or laser beams or mutant scorpions that can only be killed with the gem of power," he continues. The air seems to be paying him more attention at this point. "I'm talking about collecting cats and thumbtacks, and some people, and then an octopus and maybe Godzilla or something." The blinking continues, now angrily.

"Oh, it'll definitely work. I know, see. Each time you grab something with the Katamari, its size increases. This way the more junk you get by pushing it around, the bigger it gets. Eventually it'll get so big that you can pick up buildings and islands and clouds and thunderstorms and everything..."

... Blink?

And then it became a reality. Katamari Damacy is that idea on a disc. It's an astonishing, simple, outrageous embodiment of creativity and style. It controls like a nimble tank, requires the use of exactly no buttons (but keeping your finger over a couple helps from time to time), and is all about one little star guy pushing an ever expanding -- er, sphere-thing around the world. He rolls on and picks up whatever happens to be there. It's a box of hilarious, clever joy, and at the same time it happens to be so enchanting it's nearly impossible to look past, even if you're just idly walking by. Everyone giggles when you praise it until they see it. Everyone scoffs and gawks when they read about it until they play it. Amazingly, all this game offers is the Katamari, a time limit, and a complete lack of restraint. Roll on!

More: http://ps2.ign.com/articles/548/548201p2.html

It's great because of the scale. Levels begin with a tiny Katamari rolling through bed and living rooms, picking up buttons, spiders, erasers, and pieces of fruit. 25 minutes later the bloody thing is ripping rainbows out of the ground. Insanity!
    There's a trailer here (under downloads) i'm trying to view: http://katamaridamacy.jp/contents_e.html#
    Last edited by lynchknot; January 27th, 2005 at 07:18 AM.