Thread: Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection Software FREE

Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection Software FREE

Microsoft has made available (FREE) the Remote Desktop Connection Software that is included in Windows XP Home and Professional Editions for Windows 95, 98, 98SE, ME, NT 4, and 2000

Posted: October 25, 2001

This software package will install the client portion of Remote Desktop on any of the following operating systems: Windows 95, Windows 98 and 98 Second Edition, Windows Me, Windows NT® 4.0, or Windows 2000. When run, this software allows older Windows platforms to remotely connect to a computer running Windows XP Professional with Remote Desktop enabled.

This package provides flexible deployment options of the full Terminal Services Client, including auto–repair through Windows Installer technology and application publishing via IntelliMirror™ management technologies or Microsoft Systems Management Server (SMS).

Note: The Remote Desktop Connection software is pre-installed with Windows XP. To run it, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, click Communications, and then click Remote Desktop Connection. This software package can also be found on the Windows XP Professional and Windows XP Home Edition product CDs and can be installed on any supported Windows platform. To install from the CD, insert the disc into the target machine's CD-ROM drive, select Perform Additional Tasks, and then click Install Remote Desktop Connection.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/p...rdclientdl.asp

Nice find, this should come in handy.....

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    I find the remote desktop software pretty useful (for an "out of the box" package).

My 2 pc are networked about 45 metres apart and it's handy to make changes on one without leaving my desk! Call me lazy

O.K. you are lazy......

I prefer to be called "an intelligent user of the technology afforded us by which means I can accomplish small but insightful tasks in a timely mannor"..........:msnstar: :msnstar:

all bets are off... TZ Veteran SupaStar's Avatar
    Originally posted by Tinker
    I prefer to be called "an intelligent user of the technology afforded us by which means I can accomplish small but insightful tasks in a timely mannor"..........:msnstar: :msnstar:
    I like it...

actually the terminal services client from 2000 does the same thing. the rdp client is just a new version of the client.