Thread: Send to.........

Titanium Member

Send to.........

Hello group, this is the second time that I have lost destinations in my "send to" folder. (desktop, etc.) Someone told me how to, at one time, add "desktop" in "notepad" and ...............I forgot. If you will, please advise. Thank you.

Start Explorer
    Move to your SendTo folder of your profile, e.g. %systemroot%\Profiles\<user>\SendTo (make sure that you have show hidden files and folders enabled)
    Open the program/folder that you want to add to sendto eg.(Start - Settings - Printers)
    Right click on the printer and drag to the SendTo directory and select 'Create shortcut here'
    Rename the shortcut to a shorter name by pressing F2

if you want to add a desktop or any other link just copy a shortcut of it or drag it into the sendto folder
    R.I.P
    MSN Status: | Please Read The Forum Rules

Titanium Member
    Huh???????? what's all the %'s about.
    The last time this happend someone said to type: ????desktop into notepad and then put it into the "send to" folder and it worked. But I forgot how to do it.

Just go to eg.C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\SendTo folder and drag it in there from your taskbar or add the shortcut link in there. This will be easier for you and if you want to add a send to link of anything else you do the same thing
    R.I.P
    MSN Status: | Please Read The Forum Rules

Titanium Member
    I think I know what I did. I was using jv16 power tools and deleted empty files. So I lost my MT files like "send to mail recipient" How do I make a new folder? It's not there anymore because I tried to "run" and window could not find "send" One time I lost "mail recipient" I did this:

Just make a file called "Mail Recipient.MAPIMAIL" in the Sendto folder (Use Start -> Run, type in sendto and click ok). You can make the file in Notepad for instance. Using "" around the filename in the save dialog lets you put any extension. The file can be totally empty.

Now I don't even have the folder!

Titanium Member
    I went back to JV16 power tools and backed up 3900 files! I got everything back! I need to be more careful in what I delete. Just because they are "0" entry files, does not mean that I can toss them out! Now I need to go back and throw away all the useless files. Thanks for your help group.